Cant get front hood to lock - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcomeau View Post
Oh. I always assumed it was a polite way of being rude or pushy, like a gentle elbow prod to move out of the way or something. Thanks for the clarification.
Well, language is about usage, so if people know what you mean, have at it.

Or people kept trying to spin things because of you. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Boris and his friends in London are very good at spinning things. Is this where the saying comes from?🙂
jsimon7777 likes this.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:30 PM

Also have the "difficult to close and satisfy the sensor" issue with the frunk. Will see if I can self-adjust the dampers, but generally reluctant to open the frunk due to associated difficulties (trunk, no problem).

Also, appreciate the linguistics commentary here. Very entertaining, takes me back to my days at the uni contemplating whether language entered the earth's atmosphere on a meteor. . .
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidave View Post
Also have the "difficult to close and satisfy the sensor" issue with the frunk. Will see if I can self-adjust the dampers, but generally reluctant to open the frunk due to associated difficulties (trunk, no problem).

Also, appreciate the linguistics commentary here. Very entertaining, takes me back to my days at the uni contemplating whether language entered the earth's atmosphere on a meteor. . .
Have you had this service action done to your car: H207NAS1 - Service Action - Hood Latch And Hood Release Cable Renew ?
Depending upon when you received your car and what your VIN is, it might have been done as part of PDI.

This particular service replaced a cable, a latch and also required realignment of the front hood.

The realignment should have also adjusted the stops to the correct height. Perhaps check in with the dealer. The Frunk hood should close firmly.

Pasted below is the basic problem description of the service action, but it addressed a few other MFG quality issues for some.
A potential issue has been identified on certain Jaguar vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range where the customer may not be able to close the hood and/or unable to lock the vehicle due to the hood state reporting as 'open' with the 'Hood Open' warning displayed on the Instrument Cluster (IC).

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:27 PM

Thank you, good question. Yes, I did have the "hood latch and cable" campaign addressed with prior service visit. Could be damper issue, as others have remarked.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page