Emergency Lane Keep Assist Not Available - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Emergency Lane Keep Assist Not Available

Ever since delivery of the I-Pace, the instrument gauge screen would flash the error message "Emergency Lane Keep Assist Not Available". After clicking "OK" to clear the message, it comes back within a couple of seconds. Also, the car has never been able to "read" road signs and has never shown the speed limit of the street I'm on.

Took the car in to the dealership and after over a week of trying to diagnose and fix, they have no clue what's going on and they're flying out an engineer to try and fix. Anyone else have this issue?
sjuang is offline  
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuang View Post
Ever since delivery of the I-Pace, the instrument gauge screen would flash the error message "Emergency Lane Keep Assist Not Available". After clicking "OK" to clear the message, it comes back within a couple of seconds. Also, the car has never been able to "read" road signs and has never shown the speed limit of the street I'm on.

Took the car in to the dealership and after over a week of trying to diagnose and fix, they have no clue what's going on and they're flying out an engineer to try and fix. Anyone else have this issue?
The most common cause is a dirty windshield. The center top black area has a camera that is used for reading roadway lines and seeing cars. Not sure why it has two, most have one.

So I assume they already tried that. Make sure the radar (the Jaguar grill emblem), the rest of the cameras, and ultrasonic buttons are all clean just in case. If all the sensors are clean, I'm guessing the camera is not working right.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 01-14-2019 at 07:59 PM.
McRat is online now  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
bruintoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: California, USA
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuang View Post
Ever since delivery of the I-Pace, the instrument gauge screen would flash the error message "Emergency Lane Keep Assist Not Available". After clicking "OK" to clear the message, it comes back within a couple of seconds. Also, the car has never been able to "read" road signs and has never shown the speed limit of the street I'm on.

Took the car in to the dealership and after over a week of trying to diagnose and fix, they have no clue what's going on and they're flying out an engineer to try and fix. Anyone else have this issue?
I haven't picked up my car yet and the dealer during their PDI discover the lane assist camera needed replacement. The part is suppose to come in any day now for me to pick up my car.
bruintoo is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 01:47 AM
Senior Member
 
jsimon7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 681
LCA works ok. I think it's best for long distances in straight lines, though. Whenever I use it on the 580, which twists and turns through Oakland, I have to watch it like a hawk. The distance following works pretty well, though.
jsimon7777 is online now  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 01:50 AM
Senior Member
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
LCA works ok. I think it's best for long distances in straight lines, though. Whenever I use it on the 580, which twists and turns through Oakland, I have to watch it like a hawk.
That's disappointing, but maybe not such a bad thing. You won't be lulled into a false feeling of security.
[Ok did I just look at that glass 10% full?]
sciencegeek is online now  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 02:07 AM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,326
There are two systems: Lane Departure Warning - This is a system that lights your dash/HUD up red and vibrates your steering wheel.
Steering Assist - Only works when Adaptive Cruise Control is on. Is only active when the two side lines on the dash and HUD are solid white, not dashed or red. It looks at your hands. If you rest your hands on the wheel, 90%+ of your freeway miles it will steer for you. It's a safety system and I use it constantly when on the freeway. You can take your hands off the wheel for up to 20.0 seconds. There is no 'penalty box' like Tesla and Cadillac.

But it is a safety system, not a beta 'stupid pet trick' mimicking autonomous driving. Cadillac's is the safest. Jaguar is in the middle. Tesla is the most dangerous since it doesn't actively warn you if something is wrong. No red lights and vibration. Well, not until after the crash that is.
NerdUno and dtgsrq like this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is online now  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 03:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Norway
Posts: 139
Isnt the speed limit and road signs coming from the maps navigation? I have never had issues with any of this stuff although I hardly drive on roads where lane assist can come in handy. Road signs and speed limits have been flawless and error free. The roads in this area however are basically one lane only, safe to say I cannot wait to take a road trip sometime with my I-Pace
phila is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 06:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: North Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
There are two systems: Lane Departure Warning - This is a system that lights your dash/HUD up red and vibrates your steering wheel.
Steering Assist - Only works when Adaptive Cruise Control is on. Is only active when the two side lines on the dash and HUD are solid white, not dashed or red. It looks at your hands. If you rest your hands on the wheel, 90%+ of your freeway miles it will steer for you. It's a safety system and I use it constantly when on the freeway. You can take your hands off the wheel for up to 20.0 seconds. There is no 'penalty box' like Tesla and Cadillac.

But it is a safety system, not a beta 'stupid pet trick' mimicking autonomous driving. Cadillac's is the safest. Jaguar is in the middle. Tesla is the most dangerous since it doesn't actively warn you if something is wrong. No red lights and vibration. Well, not until after the crash that is.
McRat this is the first post of yours that I have found is not 100% accurate. You are like a guru!
Lane Departure warning can EITHER vibrate the steering wheel or auto correct you back into the lane; you choose how it acts in the drivers menus. I have mine set to auto correct me back into the lane so when (if) i drift over the lane markings it tugs the wheel back into the lane. You do not need to have the Adaptive Cruise enabled.
Id take a picture of the menus but my vehicle is getting its clear bra today.
ryzvy, dtgsrq, phila and 1 others like this.

Porsche Macan GTS
Joshuableu is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:22 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuableu View Post
McRat this is the first post of yours that I have found is not 100% accurate. You are like a guru!
Lane Departure warning can EITHER vibrate the steering wheel or auto correct you back into the lane; you choose how it acts in the drivers menus. I have mine set to auto correct me back into the lane so when (if) i drift over the lane markings it tugs the wheel back into the lane. You do not need to have the Adaptive Cruise enabled.
Id take a picture of the menus but my vehicle is getting its clear bra today.
Here's how I understand it:

Mine is set so it vibrates, plus puts a redline on both HUD and dashboard. I don't know if it autocorrects, I need to play with that. It's on all the time over a certain speed.
For Jaguar Steering Assist (autosteering, like Tesla), it will not turn on unless Adaptive Cruise is set AND the dashed lines are solid on the display. While it works on city streets, it should probably only be used on freeways.
Irony - Three Jaguar salesmen all told me Jaguar does not have autosteering. So I showed one of them on the checkride. Freaked them out.

The problem with active LKA (pushing back into the lane) is when you are deliberately riding the line, like to avoid a motorcycle, bicycle, pothole, or debris. I'm worried it might 'push back' at the exact wrong time. We have 3 GM's with LKA (Lane Keep Assist).

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 01-15-2019 at 08:25 PM.
McRat is online now  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
 
PGhiron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Here's how I understand it:

Mine is set so it vibrates, plus puts a redline on both HUD and dashboard. I don't know if it autocorrects, I need to play with that. It's on all the time over a certain speed.
For Jaguar Steering Assist (autosteering, like Tesla), it will not turn on unless Adaptive Cruise is set AND the dashed lines are solid on the display. While it works on city streets, it should probably only be used on freeways.
Irony - Three Jaguar salesmen all told me Jaguar does not have autosteering. So I showed one of them on the checkride. Freaked them out.

The problem with active LKA (pushing back into the lane) is when you are deliberately riding the line, like to avoid a motorcycle, bicycle, pothole, or debris. I'm worried it might 'push back' at the exact wrong time. We have 3 GM's with LKA (Lane Keep Assist).
I use it fairly often just because I have been experimenting with just how well it works in all different situations. I find on typical Interstates it is almost flawless. If I want to "change lanes" all I do is toggle it off with the lower right button on the wheel and then toggle it back on once in the new lane. Doing so only takes about 3 seconds for it to re-engage on an interstate.

On Highways and parkways which can have significantly more aggressive turns the system has a hard time keeping up on the initial turn when it is more than 2 inch sudden deviation int he steering wheel. In those instances somewhat dangerously, it just gives up and tries to just plow straight ahead. Again a toggle and re-engage after the turn is completed works very well.

The 20 second hand reminder freaks my wife out when she hears the alarm, so I try to travel with my hand resting at the 6 o'clock position and just every so often wiggle to keep it from warning.

Anyone have any different experiences?
McRat and dtgsrq like this.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
PGhiron is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blind Spot Assist Jagpa 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace: Likes And Dislikes 0 12-30-2018 03:38 PM
Bug Report: Lane Assist Not Available PGhiron Technical Discussion 2 12-09-2018 07:33 AM
Jaguar I-Pace Ranks Dead Last In Emergency Braking Test [email protected] 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 General Discussion 10 12-08-2018 12:50 PM
Steering Assist - How does it work? McRat 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 General Discussion 8 12-03-2018 05:29 PM
Bjorn likes I-Pace steering assist I-PaceDave 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 General Discussion 2 10-03-2018 02:45 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome