Door handles - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 03:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Yes, the above from sciencegeek holds true. If in 'driver unlock only' mode, the other door handles do NOT deploy or unlock. However, if there is a key present (within about 1m) when one of the other three are pressed, then all 3 others open/unlock.

Also, I did confirm today the operation of the "manual" unlock with the key blade inside the keyfob. YES, it works, albeit a bit awkwardly. YES, it sounds the car alarm when you unlock the car that way. I don't have a "dead" keyfob so I could NOT test how to stop the alarm if my keyfob 'unlock' button didn't work - fortunately for my neighbors it did. However, a dead keyfob would by the only reason I'd use the key blade in the first place... so how to silence the alarm in such case still remains a question. Thoughts?? Is there an RF proximity sensor in the keyfob that doesn't require power to be 'sensed' inside the cabin?).
I am assuming yes there is either an RFID or some sort of low power sensor in the keyfob based on this from the owners manual (also in the embedded screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1059  
dtgsrq likes this.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
I'd get that looked at, climbing in the car from another door or through the window doesn't sound good.

You are aware of the Emergency Key Access in your fob if the handle screws up? Probably would not help, but you should be familiar with it.
Yes, figured it out when looking into why the handle was sticking. I reached out to the service manager and waiting for an appt. Also still waiting for the parts to fix the front struts and will have software updates checked out as well.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Anything a little WD-40 can fix? Some things never change, and WD-40 is a car door handle's best friend.
In all seriousness I've had zero problems with them, or anything mechanical on the car for that matter. Solid, tight, and functional. Do wish they had been metal and not plastic, and I also wish there was a setting so that when keyfob present ANY of the handle small buttons pushed would extend ALL other handles, but no genuine complaints.
I have always had the functionality to open or close all handles by pushing any one of the handles' small buttons. not aware of a setting to change that but had many questions answered by the consult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:36 AM

Garage
Today one of my handles failed to extend (passenger rear) and it took six presses of the button before it came out. The handle would make a clicking sound as if a motor was trying to open it. Two week old I-PACE.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page