Data Plans Value and Infotainment Problems - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 03:47 PM

Also gives you remote access to and tracking of your vehicle.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 03:57 PM

So, you're saying that we'd lose the "current vehicle location" and possibly the "journeys" data or the ability to schedule/stop charging (should they ever get that to work!) after the 90 days if we don't subscribe? That's a different matter.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
So, you're saying that we'd lose the "current vehicle location" and possibly the "journeys" data or the ability to schedule/stop charging (should they ever get that to work!) after the 90 days if we don't subscribe? That's a different matter.
No, not at all. Those are things that will always be part of the car. The paid data plan is simply allowing you to use the car as a hotspot and using the car’s internet browser for browsing the internet, etc. but if you have a cellphone with a decent data plan, buying ATT’s data plan for the car really doesn’t make any sense at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuableu View Post
I have been told by two separate and unique JLR sources that US spec vehicles will only accept the AT&T SIM.
Doesn't the user SIM provide data for live traffic in navigation?
I don't have my vehicle yet so anyone with a vehicle want to try it out?
I was told that only sim the car will accept is At&t as well. I even called Verizon to see if I could add it to my plan and they said their sim would not work for the I-Pace. I use the sim for the nav.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
I was told that only sim the car will accept is At&t as well. I even called Verizon to see if I could add it to my plan and they said their sim would not work for the I-Pace. I use the sim for the nav.
How do you "use the sim for the nav"?

They seem completely unrelated

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 01:18 PM

I find this very puzzling. What was the massive USB download I just did for NAV?

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
I find this very puzzling. What was the massive USB download I just did for NAV?
The NAV updates is to update the map data. It is unrelated to the OS updates for the infotainment and telematics. JLR updates their map data quarterly. I doubt it will ever be OTA.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
No, not at all. Those are things that will always be part of the car. The paid data plan is simply allowing you to use the car as a hotspot and using the cars internet browser for browsing the internet, etc. but if you have a cellphone with a decent data plan, buying ATTs data plan for the car really doesnt make any sense at all.
I disagree. Without the SIM activated in the vehicle, there is no way to check the location of the car when the car is shut down. Depending upon your home charger (some of which do not report the status of the charging process), there's also no way to check charging status and time remaining without an activated SIM in the vehicle.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdUno View Post
I disagree. Without the SIM activated in the vehicle, there is no way to check the location of the car when the car is shut down. Depending upon your home charger (some of which do not report the status of the charging process), there's also no way to check charging status and time remaining without an activated SIM in the vehicle.
I do not believe that is correct. I get all of that on the incontrol app as well as charging status on the chargepoint app ( I have a home Chargepoint Level 2) and my dealer never activated the AT&T wifi on my car as far as I can tell. AT&T says it isn't active for my VIN and the Incontrol website says my AT&T wifi was never activated.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdUno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
No, not at all. Those are things that will always be part of the car. The paid data plan is simply allowing you to use the car as a hotspot and using the car’s internet browser for browsing the internet, etc. but if you have a cellphone with a decent data plan, buying ATT’s data plan for the car really doesn’t make any sense at all.
That’s ok that you disagree, however what I wrote is correct. The fact is the car data, etc has noting to do with the ATT data plan SIM.
PGhiron likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page