Center Display Issues - Page 6 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:58 AM

I mean this is getting ridiculous ...

Total MS IOT meltdown for weeks now. JLR better get this under control.
post #52 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 04:15 AM

To the scientifically illiterate amongst us, what is MS IOT please? Thanks
post #53 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 07:43 AM

Keep in mind that many of these quirks look all too familiar to those of us that have endured Windows over many years. Here's my suggestion which seems to provide a reliable platform. Start the car. Tap the screen when the Jaguar icon appears. Tap the Navigation choice on the center display when the 3-option window appears. Then sit quietly with your hands folded in your lap until the map appears on BOTH the center display and the dashboard. Then and only then shift into Drive or Reverse.

If it makes anyone feel better, our 2018 Range Rover has the identical quirks. Given that our Range Rover is almost a year old, I don't think these quirks are likely to disappear any time soon. After all, it's Windows. Attempting to interact with the car's GUI before the OS is completely booted will probably always get you in trouble. And starting to drive before the boot up finishes seems to cause issues with the boot procedure.

Intro to Windows IOT

Last edited by NerdUno; 01-04-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdUno View Post
Keep in mind that many of these quirks look all too familiar to those of us that have endured Windows over many years. Here's my suggestion which seems to provide a reliable platform. Start the car. Tap the screen when the Jaguar icon appears. Tap the Navigation choice on the center display when the 3-option window appears. Then sit quietly with your hands folded in your lap until the map appears on BOTH the center display and the dashboard. Then and only then shift into Drive or Reverse.

If it makes anyone feel better, our 2018 Range Rover has the identical quirks. Given that our Range Rover is almost a year old, I don't think these quirks are likely to disappear any time soon. After all, it's Windows. Attempting to interact with the car's GUI before the OS is completely booted will probably always get you in trouble.

Intro to Windows IOT
Or just get in and drive without being overly concerned about this and I think you will discover that the issue self resolves 99.9% of the time, if not while driving, the next time you use the car. I suppose I could just be super lucky, but in 3000 miles/7 weeks I haven’t had any blank screens last beyond a single trip and then only a few times at all.
McRat, NerdUno and ryzvy like this.
post #55 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:40 AM

MS IOT and Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB View Post
To the scientifically illiterate amongst us, what is MS IOT please? Thanks
Hi JonB _Microsoft Internet of Things.
https://gotmdm.com/business/2017/02/...m-tata-motors/

Article about the platform and the partnership between Microsoft, Tata Motors, and Jagaua/Land Rover. Most is in English, but some parts are in French and you can Google Translate. The primary purpose is this becomes the platform for driverless cars.

Sean

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #56 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 02:17 PM

Coming up on 2 weeks and 500mi... and no disrespect, like #Dantrium I'm far too impatient to follow #McRat's 'boot up' procedure, I jump in and go like with any other car... yet only once (in about 20 trips, all of which have involved backing in/out of garage and/or parking spaces multiple times) have I had any issue: ONCE the rear camera did NOT appear upon shift into R. Solution, I shifted back into P, clicked the camera button on the main screen, shifted to R, and the rear camera appeared on main screen as usual. Granted, I took delivery just after the pre-holiday software update (S18C_) but I have had a trouble-free (and fun-filled) first 2 weeks!
NerdUno and epirali like this.
post #57 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 04:25 PM

If you feel brave, this was released on 16 DEC 2018. They still do not know the true cause of the Blank Screens. They are collecting surveys from techs who are working on the cars to try and isolate it. But to try and 'fix' the problem, JLR is telling their techs to:

Reset Procedure:

1) IDMA Reset:
Pull Fuse 1 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If this resolves the issue please, reset is complete.
If issue is still present continue with step 2

2) IMC Reset:
Pull Fuse 5 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If issue is still present continue with step 3

3) SICP Reset:
Pull Fuse 15 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If this resolves the issue please, reset is complete
If issue is still present continue with step 4

4) Quick power mode cycle:
Turn Ignition off
Wait for 15 seconds
Turn Ignition On
If issue is still present continue with step 5

5) Quick sleep cycle:
Turn Ignition off
Single lock vehicle
Wait for 10 mins
Enter Vehicle
Power on vehicle. Start vehicle (Press brake pedal, Ignition on).
If issue is still present continue with step 6

6) Battery hard reset:
Remove 12V Main battery (T4) negative terminal.
Wait for 10 seconds.
Connect 12V Main battery (T4) negative terminal.

Still nothing? Escalate.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #58 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Thanks @McRat . When mine went missing for 4.5 days, I tried #4, #5, and #6, but had not pulled any fuses for the modules. The hard reset (#6) didn't work by itself. Then magically it came back on while driving a day after the hard reset. Will be interested in hearing from folks who did go in for service or tried any of the resets on their own.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #59 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
If you feel brave, this was released on 16 DEC 2018. They still do not know the true cause of the Blank Screens. They are collecting surveys from techs who are working on the cars to try and isolate it. But to try and 'fix' the problem, JLR is telling their techs to:

Reset Procedure:

1) IDMA Reset:
Pull Fuse 1 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If issue is still present continue with step 2

2) IMC Reset:
Pull Fuse 5 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If issue is still present continue with step 3

3) SICP Reset:
Pull Fuse 15 (15A) from the QUIESCENT CURRENT CONTROL MODULE, located Right Hand rear quarter trim panel
If issue is still present continue with step 4

4) Quick power mode cycle:
Turn Ignition off
Wait for 15 seconds
Turn Ignition On
If issue is still present continue with step 5

5) Quick sleep cycle:
Turn Ignition off
Single lock vehicle
Wait for 10 mins
Enter Vehicle
Power on vehicle. Start vehicle (Press brake pedal, Ignition on).
If issue is still present continue with step 6

6) Battery hard reset:
Remove 12V Main battery (T4) negative terminal.
Wait for 10 seconds.
Connect 12V Main battery (T4) negative terminal.

Still nothing? Escalate.
Did you recently bring your car in? What versions of software do you have now?
post #60 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Did you recently bring your car in? What versions of software do you have now?
Bringing my car in did not work so well. I made an appointment a week in advance, received an email confirmation, then arrived early, first in line. I was told I wasn't on the 'list'. I told them to check again. They said they 'found' me, but would look at my car in 6 days.
I hesitated. Finally I said OK. I went back to work, but it was bugging me. All I needed was somebody to plug in the Dealer Tool, read the codes, then flash the "D" change infotainment.

So I called them back, and told them my car ran fine, and I'd wait until something more serious came up. I picked the car up, and the stereo was set to FM on a Spanish station, and the passenger seat was fully reclined. Meh.

My car was delivered with a "C" revision, and the "D" has been out since 12/12. But what I was really curious about was the Traction Battery Warning message that went away, and stayed gone.

So I will wait for the Battery Computer revision which is due in January. I bought a brief subscription to TOPIx, which is JLR's service information. I want to understand more about the car.

I did learn there was a:

NEW VEHICLE HANDOVER RECORD I-PACE 19MY
This document should be used alongside the Handover Reference Guide

Apparently they had a checklist to go over with the new owner and get their signature. Nope. I was on my own with just enough electricity to get home on a rainy night.
So I will teach myself the NVHR material from TOPIx.

Love the car, not too happy with the dealer service.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page