@369 miles Suspension failure warning - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 12:24 PM
JOR

Sorry to hear about the problem, AustinTXUSA-IPACE. You said "My purchase dealership has offered to cover the cost of a rental until rectified." I presumed you bought the I-Pace at JLR Austin, and you're getting it serviced there too, no? As a fellow Austin resident (who hasn't pulled the trigger on an I-Pace yet), I'm very interested to hear how JLR Austin handle the service and customer service aspects here.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOR View Post
Sorry to hear about the problem, AustinTXUSA-IPACE. You said "My purchase dealership has offered to cover the cost of a rental until rectified." I presumed you bought the I-Pace at JLR Austin, and you're getting it serviced there too, no? As a fellow Austin resident (who hasn't pulled the trigger on an I-Pace yet), I'm very interested to hear how JLR Austin handle the service and customer service aspects here.
I originally purchased from JLR Austin but cancelled and purchased from Park Place DFW whole different car buying experience. They are opening a ParkPlace JLR north Austin in 2019. Service matters to me both the buying and the aftercare. See https://gff.com/view/park-place-jagu...-north-austin/
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Update: So after Pre-delivery checklist repeated no items were found to be missing. Further detail inspection found a rear ground wire had become disconnected which caused havoc on all electrics.. Once reconnected and comms updated car seems good to go. Good news and helpful to others in future. In fairness to JLR Austin Service team, they found the issue and resolved for me squeezing me in among those already scheduled. My advice if your wonder car is causing you electric failure warnings reference this fix as a potential remedy. Back on the road this weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:10 AM

800+ miles and I’m sitting in waiting room of dealership. I was offered a loaner but they said if I could hold on for an hour or two they’d know more. Didn’t really want a loaner as I was hoping to drive iPace to beach. This would be my 3rd road trip that involved looking for charge stations. I’ve planned the trip and have it preloaded in Nav system. With all that said I’m here because of driver’s side strut noise when rolling over speed bumps. Someone mentioned a possible bulletin but service advisor didn’t show one. They did show an update for the temperature control. He said it would take an hour and advised to just wait for that.Ill let you know how it goes.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:19 AM

What's the bulletin for the temperature control??
fedorachef likes this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgroce View Post
800+ miles and I’m sitting in waiting room of dealership. I was offered a loaner but they said if I could hold on for an hour or two they’d know more. Didn’t really want a loaner as I was hoping to drive iPace to beach. This would be my 3rd road trip that involved looking for charge stations. I’ve planned the trip and have it preloaded in Nav system. With all that said I’m here because of driver’s side strut noise when rolling over speed bumps. Someone mentioned a possible bulletin but service advisor didn’t show one. They did show an update for the temperature control. He said it would take an hour and advised to just wait for that.Ill let you know how it goes.
The suspension bulletin has been out for a couple months. I’ve posted it before, let me get to a computer and try to find it
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 11:19 AM

Here’s what service report says: c pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59323C27-0235-401D-ACB5-4A319F34F08D_1549901965904.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	1303  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page