Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - TSLA in trouble
Thread: TSLA in trouble
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Mister Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
But I have always believed it was too much hype and self propagating delusion and I am afraid the bubble is bursting.
I'm hesitant to call it the end, but this looks pretty bad.

Quote:
I believe there is a real car company somewhere in there (no it is NOT a tech company, it is NOT a startup, let's stop pretending). It needs real management, focus on quality, service, polishing the brand, creating a REAL luxury BEV. It doesn't need "missions" and it needs to stop propagating hype and misleading people about state of technology and needs to learn the basics, like a high quality paint job and details MATTER to a luxury car (not the dreams of summoning your car like a horse).
The real car company is already there. It needs to stop paying lip service to an overgrown child.

Quote:
And honestly this whiplash obsession with kiddy racer speed needs to be replaced by an actual drivetrain that balances ride and dynamics. I can see Tesla being a very successful company making all kinds of BEVs from Audi/BMW level sedans to real compelling two seater sport cars (no not rockets that are so heavy they will fly off the road and can only sustain speed for five minutes).
Excellent points. Refer to my previous comment on an immature leader.

Quote:
And I wonder how many more Tesla sedans could be sold in the US if there was a small ReX option available a-la i3 (but actually in a useful configuration) and it removed any final range anxiety. I don't mean a-la Volt for extended drive, but to know you can get to another charging station or get home for that last 30-50 miles.
Yes, EXACTLY like a Gen 1 Volt. It's the genius car of this century. I ask the wife whose daily driver it would be about this or that car. The Kia Niro was just highlighted on the Motor Trend channel. She wants the gas option. I can't fault her for it.

Quote:
Obviously it is not the magic company valued higher than major car makers, but it could exist and thrive as an actual small car company valued accordingly.
It's far enough along to survive if someone would stop doing bullsh*t autopilot events, and start designing cars that don't all look the same. Model Y was a huge letdown. There will be no pickup (you heard it here). The semi is unlikely. Where's that roadster 2?

Too much bullsh*t, not enough results. This is the fault of one man who can't be controlled, or control himself.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome