Taycan a dump? No. Dixon-Taycan-Deroga! - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Taycan a dump? No. Dixon-Taycan-Deroga!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...n-photos-info/

Looks really good for a really large amount of money.

Pronounced Tie-Kahn according to Jalopnik.

So I'll take mine in yellow and get a plate that says Dixon or Deroga. As in Dixon Ticonderoga pencils. Let's call it the Porsche Pencil, a precision writing instrument.

150k for the Turbo. More for the Turbo S.

Truth be told, call me when the Macan-E is out. It will, of course, have less Macan-Ecal parts than the regular Macan. But I digress.

As for Tesla Model S being a bargain at 100k, not only is the Model S old with a crap interior, it's also heavily discounted since you used to be able to buy one for 150k. Buuuut... if you wait for 30 minutes heat the batteries right, the Model S Ludicrous will be faster to 60 once or twice ACCORDING TO THE SPECS. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pencil (er, Dixon-Turbo S) gets to 60 in less than the 2.6 seconds advertised. Certainly past 60, it will be much faster, and past 100, with the 2-speed, watch out.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...n-photos-info/

Looks really good for a really large amount of money.

Pronounced Tie-Kahn according to Jalopnik.

So I'll take mine in yellow and get a plate that says Dixon or Deroga. As in Dixon Ticonderoga pencils. Let's call it the Porsche Pencil, a precision writing instrument.

150k for the Turbo. More for the Turbo S.

Truth be told, call me when the Macan-E is out. It will, of course, have less Macan-Ecal parts than the regular Macan. But I digress.

As for Tesla Model S being a bargain at 100k, not only is the Model S old with a crap interior, it's also heavily discounted since you used to be able to buy one for 150k. Buuuut... if you wait for 30 minutes heat the batteries right, the Model S Ludicrous will be faster to 60 once or twice ACCORDING TO THE SPECS. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pencil (er, Dixon-Turbo S) gets to 60 in less than the 2.6 seconds advertised. Certainly past 60, it will be much faster, and past 100, with the 2-speed, watch out.

Disappointed with the projected range...280 mi max range on the WLTP European cycle will likely translate into about 240 mi. max range with the US EPA here in the US...about the same as our I-Pace...meh. Love the interior and exterior looks and obvious Porsche quality, fit, & finish (traded in my Porsche Macan Turbo for the I-Pace and the Taycan is no different in terms of exterior & interior quality).

I bet it drives amazing...like a Porsche 911, BUT why the "Turbo" and "Turbo S" naming? STUPID. And, very disappointed in the price...$150k for the Turbo and more for the Turbo S, topping out a loaded Turbo S for $182k? CRAZY! So, many of us will have to wait for a "lower" version like the Taycan 4S or whatever, and that will still be like $100k+? Hmmm..got to wonder what else will be coming out within the next 3-4 years to replace my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE?
MyA likes this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 09-04-2019 at 01:17 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:41 PM

I can get two fully loaded I-PACE for the price of 1 Taycan.
epirali likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Why is it still mostly a steel structure car? Driving range is similar to I-PACE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Taycan.png
Views:	11
Size:	848.3 KB
ID:	2461  

Last edited by bruintoo; 09-04-2019 at 07:20 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:37 PM

That's so interesting! Given the characteristics of the 94% aluminum i-Pace, I'm totally surprised they didn't go for more aluminum. Is it because they like to tune the suspension super stiff, so they compensate with a slightly suppler frame? [Disclaimer: I'm definitely no expert on frame/suspension issues]
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:05 PM

Garage
"Turbo" doesn't bug me. Anyone remember the Turbo button on old 286s? The battle that Turbo is reserved from the mechanical thing on an ICE was lost a long time ago.
jsimon7777 likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:21 AM

This is just my own preferences, but the look and interior, while ok, don't do much for me. I like the look and interior (no not infotainment) of the I Pace much better. I'll hang out for the Audi GT Etron that is much more my taste.

Using a 2 speed transmission however for better top speed in Germany is nice (160 mph).
sflgator and ryzvy like this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
This is just my own preferences, but the look and interior, while ok, don't do much for me. I like the look and interior (no not infotainment) of the I Pace much better. I'll hang out for the Audi GT Etron that is much more my taste.

Using a 2 speed transmission however for better top speed in Germany is nice (160 mph).
+1 on the Audi E-Tron GT (which will be produced on the same platform as the Taycan) and it should be much less $$ than the Taycan...but I would be interested in the 600+ HP version when available if it's reasonably priced. Looks like it will be starting as a MY 2021.... https://electrek.co/2019/07/17/audi-...ion-late-2020/
epirali likes this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 09-05-2019 at 08:59 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

It's not an ugly car, but it's not particularly striking or pretty. I don't see my money going there. I have to hop a curb with my rear wheels about once a week. Every day if I drive the truck. I don't think a low slung, long car is gonna work in the suburban jungle.

Speaking of which, I'm probably keeping my truck.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

I do like the Honda E's looks and packaging. RWD small 4 door EV? YES PLEASE! TOo bad it's not coming to the US. Idiots.
epirali likes this.