No longer a member of the I-Pace club - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

No longer a member of the I-Pace club

Well it is a little bittersweet, but as of a few minutes ago, I am no longer an I-Pace owner. I dropped the car off on 5 July 2019 after putting ~10500 miles in 7+ months with a broken AC. Coincidentally, they finally got it fixed the same day I received the call from the dealer to finalize the buyback, but I declined to pick up the car.

I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with the way JLR has handled everything. They went above and beyond as far as I’m concerned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C6DFBDAD-AC18-4807-B911-57F3C1FBE009_1566232853625.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	2349  
deafsoundguy likes this.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Well it is a little bittersweet, but as of a few minutes ago, I am no longer an I-Pace owner. I dropped the car off on 5 July 2019 after putting ~10500 miles in 7+ months with a broken AC. Coincidentally, they finally got it fixed the same day I received the call from the dealer to finalize the buyback, but I declined to pick up the car.

I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with the way JLR has handled everything. They went above and beyond as far as I’m concerned.
Dantrium, will you stay on the forum as I'd hate to see you go. You've been a great contributor. Love to read about your experiences with the new car.
epirali likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:31 PM

Bummer. Adios!

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:58 PM

Wild! Seems to be more and more of the original members are getting out already!

Is the photo of a new replacement LR?

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 11:29 PM

I'll be here for years.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:24 PM

Happy trails, Dantrium!

May your next ride serve you better!

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all. Like I said, JLR was awesome. They did the buyback contingent on me getting a new 2019 or 2020 JLR product. No restrictions on what to buy, whether off the lot or ordered in. I initially ‘built’ a RR Sport, but decided I didn’t want to be in the F Pace loaner that long and my wife wanted a decent 3rd row seat, so I found a Discovery on the lot I could live with. It certainly isn’t the best 3 row SUV on the market, but I’m impressed by how well it drives. Certainly not as nice as the I-Pace, or the RR Sport, but really nice nonetheless. On the highway it is every bit as quiet as the I-Pace.
It uses the same Touch Pro (but not Duo) as the I-Pace, even uses the identical software version as I had on the car. Telematics is 16.2 and OTA is enabled. There is zero lag in the system, including the rear camera. No need to wait for a slow boot, CarPlay works as designed and I’ve had zero WiFi connection issues. I don’t understand why the infotainment problems in I-Pace.
I have a few options not available on the I-Pace (i.e. electric adjustable steering column) but I am missing a few too. The price you pay for picking off the lot.

Best of luck everyone! JLR has certainly earned my respect on handling problems. I honestly didn’t think my issues warranted a buyback so was very surprised when they offered. Woohoo
markgroce likes this.

Last edited by Dantrium; 08-20-2019 at 07:29 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:35 PM

If JLR is smart (I'm sure there are at least a few geniuses behind the I-Pace), they would crave a half-dozen or so I-Paces that have racked up some real world mileage (like yours, and my 2019 trade in). Some will simply be sold at auction, but JLR should really be deconstructing those with enough miles to see how some of their mechanical systems are performing. It's one thing to pull a new build off the line and "beat on it"... another entirely to get a "customer-abused" model and run the same tests.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I found a Discovery on the lot I could live with. It certainly isnt the best 3 row SUV on the market, but Im impressed by how well it drives. Certainly not as nice as the I-Pace, or the RR Sport, but really nice nonetheless. On the highway it is every bit as quiet as the I-Pace.
My favorite is the Discovery Sport. It handles wonderfully. I'd totally get one with 7 seats is if I was willing to go gas again. I haven't driven the bigger Disco.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
My favorite is the Discovery Sport. It handles wonderfully. I'd totally get one with 7 seats is if I was willing to go gas again. I haven't driven the bigger Disco.
It does drive nice, but it's pretty small, especially the way back seats - only good for very small kids or folks without legs. I think the E-Pace (top trim level) & Evoque are a bit nicer road cars than the Disco Sport, but no option for a 3rd row.

I spent too many hours driving every model JLR offered (yes, even another I-Pace) trying to decide what to do. For sedans it was a toss-up between the XF & the new XE. For a big car, the XJ drives pretty **** good too. On the SUV side, the F-Pace SVR was a beast and sounded like it too - talk about putting a grin on your face, something about the roar and gurgle of a V8 that is hard to ignore...The RR Sport was my favorite, even over the Range Rover, but the 3rd row was essentially the same as the D-Sport and it would have been a long wait to get it.

I had considered waiting for the JLR PHEVs, which are said to be arriving any day now, but early reviews describe them in relatively horrid terms...apparently they have some work to do before they are ready for prime time.
jsimon7777 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page