TSLA in trouble - Page 9 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 138Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 721 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

post #82 of 721 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 01:47 PM

I think this is a good balanced and on the nose analysis, at least from my view.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmark.../#2d940c259aec
post #83 of 721 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:05 PM

Ok one more that I didn't know (may not be new to some of you). If this is true it is indeed a bad sign.

https://electrek.co/2019/05/31/tesla...carce-options/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 721 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:54 PM

Can't explain the absence, but the option exercise is not necessarily a bad sign. Directors and executive level often create planned sales well in advance and are usually in compliance with SEC guidance. Considering the volume as a %, it's not that much. Considering the drop in price over the last year or so, he was probably expecting to get more from his planned sale. 15,00 shares at 188 = $2.82M; 15,000 shares at $291(last year) = $4.35M. Don't know his option price, but the difference on the Gross for a planned sell is ... well... alot, approx $1.5M.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #85 of 721 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Ok one more that I didn't know (may not be new to some of you). If this is true it is indeed a bad sign.

Even their biggest cheerleaders are turning? Yikes!

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2014 Forester, and maybe going to get a Fiat 500e
post #86 of 721 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Even their biggest cheerleaders are turning? Yikes!
Yeah I noticed that too. Well Teslerati is the biggest but yes that site is always very skewed.

@Sbingham60 : The thing I noted was his absence more than the option exercise, I agree that the sale itself can me motivated by many factors including taxes.
post #87 of 721 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I think this is a good balanced and on the nose analysis, at least from my view.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmark.../#2d940c259aec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Markman
For what it's worth, I have never been interested in owning Tesla shares and have never recommended them.
Me too. But I have a problem with this:

Quote:
Undoubtedly, chief executive Elon Musk is brilliant.
This comes off to me as a false CYA niceness. He redeems himself a little at the end.

Quote:
Tesla shareholders need a focused leader.
Musk's personal issues can't be whitewashed. He's the anchor on the boat now and in way over his head. I get that some folks can't see it, but Musk has never hidden who he is. If anything, he's been too transparent.

If he was as brilliant as some would like to believe, he'd get out of his own way. THAT would be brilliant.

Quote:

There is no man who can't be replaced in any company.
post #88 of 721 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 08:58 AM

It looks like they're squeezing more profit from Model 3s to help stay afloat. Homelink is no longer standard on Model 3 premium interior package. It's now a $300 installed-at-service-center option.

Admittedly alternatives are available. Options are (1) remote control that came with or added to the garage door opener, or (2) WI-FI enabled garage door opener (or add-on device) that allows opening from phone app. Both of these are cheaper than $300.

The base model I-pace has Homelink. It doesn't require any upgrades to interior package or being installed later.
post #89 of 721 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
There is no man who can't be replaced in any company.
This is true 99.999% of the time. But... Steve Jobs, for example, was irreplaceable. I think Tim Cook is as good as it gets, and he's probably a better person than Jobs ever was, but the charisma is not there, and Apple is flying on momentum right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
It looks like they're squeezing more profit from Model 3s to help stay afloat. Homelink is no longer standard on Model 3 premium interior package. It's now a $300 installed-at-service-center option.

Admittedly alternatives are available. Options are (1) remote control that came with or added to the garage door opener, or (2) WI-FI enabled garage door opener (or add-on device) that allows opening from phone app. Both of these are cheaper than $300.

The base model I-pace has Homelink. It doesn't require any upgrades to interior package or being installed later.
My mind keeps coming back to the Model 3 as an option. I'm pretty tired of these ICE vehicles. A $20 clicker and some double-sided tape can replace homelink. Plenty of room on the dash, too.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2014 Forester, and maybe going to get a Fiat 500e
post #90 of 721 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
This is true 99.999% of the time. But... Steve Jobs, for example, was irreplaceable. I think Tim Cook is as good as it gets, and he's probably a better person than Jobs ever was, but the charisma is not there, and Apple is flying on momentum right now.
I completely agree with this. But Musk is not Jobs. He is pushing the “next step” more aggressively and with more risk than others but it’s not a unique vision, it’s simply what comes next. Steve Jobs had a unique talent in marrying technology with how human mind works rather than how engineers think. That was what made apple unique, even the high quality design is part of what makes design appeal to people. And execution detail down to smallest elements.

Tesla has no understanding of this, and is not as revolutionary as everyone keeps saying (specially self evident for those who understand the underlying technology).