TSLA in trouble - Page 57 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #561 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 02:31 AM

Old news. I saw posts about rust a couple months ago. It's why Canadians hate Teslas. All that salt? Destroyed cars. Aluminium for the win, baby!

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #562 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 02:32 AM

Also so far I've talked to two dealers about buying a used Fiat 500e. I asked my kids about 500e vs Model 3 and both said 500e.

post #563 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 08:23 AM

A judge declared Tesla broke labor laws.

"The company committed a series of violations of the National Labor Relations Act in 2017 and 2018, Amita Baman Tracy, a California administrative law judge ruled in a court filing."

"The ruling has called on the electric carmaker to hold a meeting at its California assembly plant where either Musk or his agent must inform the workers that the National Labor Relations Board has concluded that Tesla broke the law."

You can find the full details at your favorite news sources.
Mister Dave likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #564 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 09:33 AM

Labor law violation:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/27/tesl...dge-rules.html

Forcing customers into arbitration over damaged pre delivery $120k car:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/9/...chicago-kansas

And looks another leak instead of tweet to pump stock prices:

https://electrek.co/2019/09/26/tesla...sk-leak-email/
Mister Dave likes this.
post #565 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
I have never seen Inside EVs go after Tesla like that. Wow.
post #566 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
Odd how the video does not mention the vehicle was in at least one accident where it looks like the nose had to be replaced.
Possible body shop error?
post #567 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 09:10 AM

What a guy...I wish there was a stock to invest in for the law form that has to defend his actions.

Musk broke the law with anti-union tweet, judge rules

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/09...s-judge-rules/
post #568 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
What a guy...I wish there was a stock to invest in for the law form that has to defend his actions.

Musk broke the law with anti-union tweet, judge rules

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/09...s-judge-rules/
The UAW crushed not only the California auto industry (which was massive), they heavily damaged our aviation industry as well. We were asked by the union to vote for candidates who wanted to kill our jobs, which were related to the B1 program. They won, we lost. The factory is now a Fry's Electronics.

It is curious why California waited so long to crush Tesla in court. They normally attack businesses much sooner. But let's get honest, only a chump with no knowledge of history would use California as a manufacturing location. 90% of my California customers since 1993 have relocated their mfg'g out of state. They leave only their engineering here.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #569 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 11:52 AM

The UAW is a mess, no doubt, filled with corruption. As for California and Tesla, Tesla has gotten away with a lot of bullshit, and they're just getting nailed in court for it. This isn't the state. This is just laws. Yes, other states are often easier to deal with as an employer. However, other states also make it easier to treat employees badly. So I have to give my employees sick hours. I have to give them breaks. I have to treat them as employees, not contractors. Somehow I can do all that, pay them far more than minimum wage, treat them with respect, and make a living. We may move somewhere else cheaper to retire, but I doubt it will be as nice... except for traffic.
epirali likes this.

post #570 of 626 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
The UAW is a mess, no doubt, filled with corruption. As for California and Tesla, Tesla has gotten away with a lot of bullshit, and they're just getting nailed in court for it. This isn't the state. This is just laws. Yes, other states are often easier to deal with as an employer. However, other states also make it easier to treat employees badly. So I have to give my employees sick hours. I have to give them breaks. I have to treat them as employees, not contractors. Somehow I can do all that, pay them far more than minimum wage, treat them with respect, and make a living. We may move somewhere else cheaper to retire, but I doubt it will be as nice... except for traffic.
It's not just the factories moving, the skilled craftsmen are leaving too. They end up with more disposable income, larger homes, more free time, and cheaper tuition for their kids.
There is an illusion that the standard of living for those in the mfg'g sector is high in California. It's not. Many other states pay the same with a far lower cost of living.

I give my team full medical including their families with no employee contribution, pension, tuition reimbursement, up to 4 weeks vacation, Free-Lunch-Friday, childcare area, flexible hours.

None of this mandated by California. I do it because I treat my team the way I want to be treated. And so they don't flee the state, and it's worked. My average tech has been with me >15 years.

But for my team members that are nearing retirement, most are leaving the state to stretch their dollars.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page