TSLA in trouble - Page 25 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Can we just please have one EV forum without Tesla fanboy trolls regurgitating BS PR spin?

No, but this one came really close.
post #242 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Can we be done with REHASHING the same circle of fallacious argument?

I for one am interested in new developments that impact Tesla positively and negatively. I have gotten a lot out of observations of most of the posters in this thread.

Do you really want what was mostly an interesting discussion shut down because of one person with an agenda? I mean honestly should the loudest shouter drown out valuable discourse?
You've been very patient and did your best to be respectful. You've made one critical error. You've tried to reason with a stone. The stone doesn't have the ability to reason that it's just a stone. It can only do what a stone does. It gets in your shoe and will irritate you until you effectively remove it.
post #243 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
Can we just please have one EV forum without Tesla fanboy trolls regurgitating BS PR spin?

No, but this one came really close.
As a reminder, you were the one who started a thread called "TSLA in trouble". If you wanted it to be an echo chamber for Tesla haters you should have said so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You've made one critical error. You've tried to reason with a stone. The stone doesn't have the ability to reason that it's just a stone. It can only do what a stone does. It gets in your shoe and will irritate you until you effectively remove it.
I honestly respond not to convince any one poster, rather to correct distortion and to counter fallacious argument techniques. One thing I have noticed over years is certain posters will derail, confuse and frustrate by using circular and incomplete logic, repetitive branch jumping and constant posting, and try to engage in personal attacks and name calling.

This usually results in most people simply quitting, or getting tired of it and just wanting it to stop, or tuning out. So essentially they accomplish their goal by indirect means. I am simply correcting and countering for others who may genuinely be interested so they are not left with a distorted version.

For example being called a “Tesla hater” is inviting you to engage personally which draws away from your original point.
post #245 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I honestly respond not to convince any one poster, rather to correct distortion and to counter fallacious argument techniques. One thing I have noticed over years is certain posters will derail, confuse and frustrate by using circular and incomplete logic, repetitive branch jumping and constant posting, and try to engage in personal attacks and name calling.

This usually results in most people simply quitting, or getting tired of it and just wanting it to stop, or tuning out. So essentially they accomplish their goal by indirect means. I am simply correcting and countering for others who may genuinely be interested so they are not left with a distorted version.
I won't discourage that. My feeling is that it's an exercise in futility, but I respect the fact that others see it differently. You're not the only one. I won't name names but a certain Irish Rodent seems to share you point of view to some extent.

Quote:
For example being called a “Tesla hater” is inviting you to engage personally which draws away from your original point.
The stone will always do what a stone does. To the stone I will always be a Tesla hater, no matter how many times I say how I want to see Tesla employees keep their jobs. These nuances don't penetrate the stone.

So...... whatever......
post #246 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
No different than being called a "Tesla fanboy troll" by @Mister Dave . Which is what I responded to. Did you miss that post?
post #247 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I honestly respond not to convince any one poster, rather to correct distortion and to counter fallacious argument techniques.
That's ironic since that is exactly the reason I have been posting on this thread. What I was seeing was a regurgitation of the various short theses of why Tesla will fail, starting with the thread title. Demand gone, can't sell the cars profitably, poor build quality, Elon should be replaced by an auto industry exec, etc. I tried to place the Tesla situation in context of the difficulties all auto manufactures are having in making EV's profitably and the fact that Tesla is outselling the other brands' EVs by a wide margin. For that I am accused of making fallacious arguments and spouting Tesla PR. So be it.

I'm signing off this thread until Tesla is cash flow positive (without the benefit of an equity raise) and profitable at least on a non-GAAP basis. Who knows, I might be back in just a few weeks.
post #248 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:02 PM

@dennis : no offense but I somehow doubt it.

You realize how many times you repeat the exact same talking points, in almost every single post? I think saying something once should be enough.
post #249 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
@dennis : no offense but I somehow doubt it.

You realize how many times you repeat the exact same talking points, in almost every single post? I think saying something once should be enough.
Even less remarkable, I read the same things from a plethora of people. Always the same situation - always the same lines. It takes on all the earmarks of Scientology.

We can go through all the BS that never came true. It doesn't penetrate.

I don't like BS from any publicly traded company. When I own shares of it I dump the stock, or whatever fund that holds too much. There's no GM in my portfolio either, despite owning 2 Chevys at this time. I may buy another GM car in a few years, or not. I'm not buying the stock. Sometimes GM does really well, but when they tank they really tank, and I don't care for the current leadership.
post #250 of 646 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I don't like BS from any publicly traded company.
And THIS is one of my biggest red flags right now telling me all is NOT as they try to say. The fact that management departs so often, that guidance is misleading and/or tweets are downright deceiving can’t be hand waived away.

Another part is said well in this article. I guess some people only believe in zero sum.

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/07/15...vs-ev-realism/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page