TSLA in trouble - Page 11 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:25 AM

First we have left the rails here this is not about cult of Musk now, is it? Tesla is not doing cars in space or did I miss something? Oh yeah there was a Roadster in space, so cool If you are like 13.

But to be fair the satellite internet companies are doing it to cover areas not served now. It will be slow and laggy but it’s better than nothing. But with complexity of infrastructure I can’t see how it can be economical.

Now back to Tesla as a company. Or is Tesla just an extension of Elon Musk and his cult? Interesting how easily confused they both are.
post #102 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Or is Tesla just an extension of Elon Musk and his cult? Interesting how easily confused they both are.
Ummmm... I'm thinking..... Okay, yes.

TSLA: $193.56
post #103 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:48 AM

Garage
The latency from a 680 mile round trip for each DNS lookup is going to be painful. There is a reason most of the major DNS providers have anycast pops all over the country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Oh yeah there was a Roadster in space, so cool If you are like 13..
Dude! Starman has achieved a fuel economy of 5,031.5 miles per gallon, assuming 126,000 gallons of rocket fuel.

Where is Starman? Track Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster in Space!

The numbers update in real time, and he's got a sense of humor.
post #105 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:01 PM

I hate to resurrect this somewhat impassioned and sometimes misguided thread but here's an interesting piece that should give people further pause.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lanceel.../#415743703d7f

[And as always, I want to add the disclaimer that I truly respect what Musk has done for the world, so let's not make this about the vision .. it's about the results at this point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lanceel.../#415743703d7f

The information they provide is so stupidly and utterly worthless. And we know they're smarter than that. They know that they're putting baloney out there. It's all for the spin.
post #106 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM

And TSLA is rising quickly. That stock is so volatile, I won't touch it. Supposedly used values of S and X are dropping rapidly. 20 days until the fed rebate is halved again. I wonder if there will be another price drop.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #107 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:28 PM

Maybe I missed it, but is anyone looking at sales #s and market share?

Does anyone see another mid-priced luxury car (e.g., Model 3) that is growing in U.S. sales?

Does anyone see any type of electric car manufacturer anywhere near to Tesla in market share?

My point being, yes, car manufacturers across the board have many faults; but in relevant brackets (volume markets), Tesla is succeeding. Just ask Audi, BMW and Mercedes (and Toyota and Honda and Nissan).

Is the stock volatile because Tesla's business model and capital investments are fundamentally flawed, or because the markets are easily manipulated?
post #108 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 02:47 PM

@Calidave : they have an unsustainable burn rate, their margins are too low, too much debt, and they have always gotten by with promises of major market penetration. Their valuation is based on them being like a disruptive tech company, but they really at best are a niche auto maker. There is definitely manipulation but it is in both directions.

Also what they promise and deliver, and having a unreliable and problematic leader is bad. It is not a company built on institutions, systems and sustainable growth. It is too tied to a "genius leader" story, and considering he is neither a genius, not a great leader, and he does things that are unstable and sometimes unethical/illegal it causes concern and panic.

That is why some of us say if they replaced him with an actual great manager, built a stable infrastructure rather than shooting cars into space or talk about robo taxis coming next tuesday, they may be a stable company at a much lower valuation. But that doesn't interest Musk nor feed his ego.

And now after having a clear field in a small market no major manufacturer wanted Tesla is facing ACTUAL competition soon from real auto makers. So all of a sudden the headwinds are about to get much worse.
post #109 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidave View Post
Maybe I missed it, but is anyone looking at sales #s and market share?
Sure.

Quote:
Does anyone see another mid-priced luxury car (e.g., Model 3) that is growing in U.S. sales?
Growing in sales? I'm really not sure how that is true. Are you saying the demand this year is greater than last year?

Quote:
Does anyone see any type of electric car manufacturer anywhere near to Tesla in market share?
Name another electric car manufacturer and let's compare. No, not GM, Nissan, JLR or other ICE manufacturer, an electric car manufacturer.

Quote:
Tesla is succeeding.
By what metric?

Quote:
Just ask Audi, BMW and Mercedes (and Toyota and Honda and Nissan).
What should I ask them?

Quote:
Is the stock volatile because Tesla's business model and capital investments are fundamentally flawed, or because the markets are easily manipulated?
I don't know. The reason I started this is because the stock price tanked in a big way. I've seen volatility. This isn't that - it's a rout. I'm a little worried that the many workers there may lose their jobs.
post #110 of 550 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Inside EVs sales chart shows Tesla with over half the US plug in market in 2019. All others combined do not add up to Tesla.

I am bullish on Tesla but the stock should be under $100

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page