Polestar 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Polestar 2

408 HP, 275 miles range from 75 kWh battery, starts at $63,000 in US. What do you guys think? Personally, I think Volvo chose the wrong form factor. Most Volvo owners I know get the V wagons or the XC CUVs/SUVs.

https://www.polestar.com/us/cars/polestar-2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	polestar-2-002.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1439  
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:23 PM

I haven't looked in depth in its capability, drive, features etc. But I am a bit surprised by the look. It is so meh. I don't know why it doesn't even look like modern Volvos, which to my eyes are great but they are better than this.

This to me looks like an update of boring old style American Sedans. And I don't find the interior too compelling either.

I think it still blows away the Model 3 or Model S inside.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
I haven't looked in depth in its capability, drive, features etc. But I am a bit surprised by the look. It is so meh. I don't know why it doesn't even look like modern Volvos, which to my eyes are great but they are better than this.

This to me looks like an update of boring old style American Sedans. And I don't find the interior too compelling either.

I think it still blows away the Model 3 or Model S inside.
It looks like a Dodge Charger or a Dodge Challenger to me, too!
epirali and dtgsrq like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:55 PM

I'm curious about their subscription model compared to leasing -
"A car doesn't have to be a colossal, one-time expense on which you lose money the second you begin to drive. Polestar feels that car ownership should more closely resemble phone ownership: an all-inclusive monthly fee, with the option to return or upgrade at the end of your term, without any hassle or headache. Polestar's future subscription model makes this a reality, with a monthly price including a host of services that allow you to focus on the joys of having a Polestar"

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
"A car doesn't have to be a colossal, one-time expense on which you lose money the second you begin to drive. Polestar feels that car ownership should more closely resemble phone ownership: an all-inclusive monthly fee, with the option to return or upgrade at the end of your term, without any hassle or headache. Polestar's future subscription model makes this a reality, with a monthly price including a host of services that allow you to focus on the joys of having a Polestar"
Ok so essentially a lease in which maintenance and insurance is included?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Business model
Polestar will take a new approach to market with subscription as the primary offer. The cars will be offered as an all-inclusive single monthly payment, aiming to take the hassle out of traditional vehicle ownership.

The monthly fee will include everything from maintenance, insurance and roadside assistance to pick-up and delivery services that will redefine the owner experience. All orders and transactions will be completed online.

This online approach will be complemented by stand-alone retail spaces around the world. Polestar Spaces will be located in city areas where people gather and where customers can experience Polestar by meeting and talking with product experts.
https://www.polestar.com/us/about-us

This company (and AB Volvo) is owned by Zheijang Geely Holding Group. Might have something to do with the design shift. This is not your father's Volvo. That Volvo (1999-2010) was owned by Ford.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
Volvo has it as an option for the S60 and XC40. Here's an example for the XC40 R-Design:
$800/month, 15K per year, 24 month subscription. Includes insurance and maintenance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Volvo_Subscription.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	1441  
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 03:02 PM

At this point it's another concept car.
More curious what Porsche will actually deliver. They dropped the suicide doors already.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 04:48 PM

Nice #s, ugly car.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidave View Post
Nice #s, ugly car.
Tell me about it. Never been a fan of Volvo's design but I give them the credit of coming out with designs that look like nothing else.
Some buyers are after that along with what else Volvo brings to the table so if it means success for them then so be it.
Jaguar/Land Rover takes the cake for me

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page