Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - My 1st & My LAST Jaguar
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:57 PM
sgtpeper

I'm somewhere in the middle at this point.

The IPace really is pretty incredible to drive. I got in my Porsche 911 Turbo after storing it for the winter and while that car is silly fast, the lag now feels like forever as I've become so used to the instant tq of an EV.

Would I buy my IPace all over again? Probably not. I would have found a way to buy my diesel X5 from the lease and been just fine - and had a bunch more cash in my pocket.

The tech bothers me a ton. Voice control is truly pathetic. I changed it to the US voice which did help a bit but overall, it's SO slow and as mentioned above doesn't recognize the command or address very well at all. Even Apple Carplay fails fairly often now - it keeps saying my device isn't compatible - it's an iPhone 7 and works probably 2/3 of the time.

I think there is a great car somewhere in this car. I think lack of funding has really hurt this car, sadly.

I'm pretty much giving in to the fact that when I sell it in 2 years my 90k car will be worth about 30k. My money manager will love that...

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome