Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - My 1st & My LAST Jaguar
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
sflgator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Yea, I'm in the same boat. I've been going through the buy back process for months now and I can't believe how painful and long it is. I literally had to get a local news station involved to help get some traction on this. I'm only getting another I-Pace because I would have to pay usage fees if I didn't and would have to pay back the EV credits I received. I even considered going with the Porsche Panamera Hybrid to hold me over until the Taycan is available. Porsche told me 12-18 months for delivery of Taycan. I crossing my fingers the new I-Pace won't have the same mechanical issues and will hold me over for a couple years then I'll dump it. I'm sure it will have the same software problems and maybe in the next six months or so the software will get improved but doubtful seeing how long its already been with no real improvements.

Well, live and learn for both of us. Strange because my wife's 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar is great! We did have a lot, and I mean a lot of software problems with the Touch Pro Duo system and Navigation, 4G and Traffic Info connectivity problems, etc. in the first 9-12 months of ownership with that JLR vehicle, but knock on wood, after several (like 6+) software updates on our Velar, and it's been fairly stable for a while with zero mechanical problems. My understanding was that the I-Pace's Infotainment system is the same as the LR RR Velar, albeit the EV components of the system but geez, way way too many problems in the I-Pace. I don't give a crap if it won The Best New Vehicle of 2019 or whatever, it's still an unreliable piece of crap in my book! What good is it, no matter how great it drives, if it sits in your dealer's service department for days and weeks at a time????

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome