Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - My 1st & My LAST Jaguar
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
sflgator

My 1st & My LAST Jaguar

As much as I love driving my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE, I can't deal with the all the problems, whether big or small with this car brand. I am not trading my I-Pace in now, but will likely do so in 3 years after my I-Pace is fully paid for and the Porsche Taycan EV and Audi E-Tron GT arrive here in the US. This Jaguar I-Pace has been the least reliable vehicle I've ever owned and driven. I am saddened to experience first-hand the mechanical and computer software problems of this vehicle brand (and I know it's not just specifically with the I-Pace) as I really thought that Tata Motors and JLR have greatly improved the Jaguar vehicles in the past several years. That only seems to be true in terms of the design and expanded vehicle offerings of the brand, but definitely NOT the case in terms of build quality and reliability. In my experience now, JLR doesn't hold a candle to other luxury and sports car brands such as Porsche, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, etc.

Whether it's their software bugs in their Touch Pro Duo system, terrible Navigation system (specifically with the simply pathetic Voice Commands which actually work only 50% of the time), unexplained strange but dangerous mechanical failures such as sudden acceleration in reverse (no fault ever determined & vehicle just handed back without any fix or software update, btw), and now my I-Pace A/C compressor (and/or something else with the A/C?) just failed so my I-Pace was blowing hot, humid air for a few days in 93 degree heat here in South Florida before bringing it in to my dealer for repair. It ALL just sucks! I mean the vehicle is just 4.5 months old and the Air Conditioning just failed...WTF?????

The fact is that my I-Pace is almost at my dealer's service department ("in the shop" as they say) MORE than I actually get to drive and enjoy it!!!! And that simply is NOT right.

Anyhow, just thought I would share as I try to be a very positive person and I know things will always work out, but in no way, shape, or form will I ever buy and drive another Jaguar ever again!! I drove my MB AMG for 93,000 mi. and my Porsche for > 56,000 mi....not 1 problem with either of those vehicles!!! Granted they are NOT all electric EVs but I bet whatever German EV I get next will be 100x more reliable than this Jaguar I-Pace even if it has a few issues at the beginning. When my loan on this I-Pace is fully paid for and I own it outright (about 3 years from now), I will trade this unreliable piece of junk Jag in for a much more reliable German EV and I will say "goodbye and good luck" to Jaguar forever. BTW - rumor is that JLR is up for sale as the 2 brands have been losing money hand over first the past few years. Gee, I wonder why?

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 05-14-2019 at 06:48 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome