Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - Charging, energy use monitoring - moved from New Member Intro
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Carlotto

Juicebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
Juicebox and its app can do as you want.

I have the Juicebox Pro 40. Initially I plugged it into where my clothes drier plugs in and set the maximum current via app to 25A since the drier circuit breaker is 30A. I increased it to 40A after installing a dedicated outlet with a 50A circuit breaker. The car charging is at a lower rate at the 25A setting than it is at 40A.

You can also set up profiles for different cars or use Juicebox supplied default profiles. Even if you start with the Juicebox profile for the I-pace you can adjust the maximum charging current for it via the app. You could set up multiple profiles for the I-pace with different charging rates. You would only have to change the profile in-use to change the charging rate. It is easy to do in the app.

The car profile can also specify 1-phase or 3-phase, depending on the car's equipment.

Thanks - I figured out most of that after talking to their support. The other box I was looking at (Andersen, very sleek thing) can also do it - but not via the app, only via desktop and that is a bit so so. I will go for the Juicebox.

One thing I cannot find out from their documentation (for the record, here: https://docs.juice.net/Residential/us/) is whether their Wifi has got LAN settings so I can give it permanent IP etc. The setup assumes DHCP and that is a minor problem as we have many power cuts in Cyprus. After a power cut, it is likely that the Juicebox comes faster back online than my DHCP server, so unless it's very clever, the JB won't get an IP. Most gadgets don't re-try until they get one. Anyway - minor thing. Worst case I'll have to go outside and reboot it, but there probably is a method to do it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome