Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Vehicle Settings Question

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  squishball 
#1 ·
In the Vehicle Settings menu .. you know the one you access from the left buttons on the steering wheel ... follow Vehicle Settings -> Security Features -> Audible lock warning

What the heck does that do? I have scoured the manual on web, phone, and paper .. not found a single reference to it. :surprise:

#7 ·
Ditto. I assumed the second press was for a confirmation if you could not see the lights (J-LEDs) flash... e.g., if your inside your house with car in the garage. No sound for the first press of 'lock' on the keyfob, but the car does lock. The beep upon a second press lets you know - signal received/car locked.

#9 ·
Double/shadow locking icon on fob

I just noticed something I had missed all this time.

On the lock button of the fob, the lock icon is shown twice, slightly offset from the other one.

Noticing it for the first time yesterday, I first thought it was a print error or something.

Looking more closely, I saw the offset lock icon was in red. So it was definitely intentional, and the clue that a second push has an additional function. Although the beep signal is secondary to that function, optional and configurable.

#10 ·
Single lock: alarm is activated, doors are locked, but still can be opened by someone in the inside. No audible warning.
Double lock: same as single lock, but the doors cannot be opened from the inside. Hence, the audible alert on double locking. Double locking means intruders will have to climb through a broken window to rifle through the I-Pace. So, never double lock, if you leave passengers in your vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.