Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Hearing a rub on the left rear when suspension is raised

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ayepace 
#1 ·
After taking delivery of the car, yesterday I was driving around the neighborhood with the media off - just listening to the quietness of the car. I stopped, put it in park, and raised the suspension up to "SUV mode" as I told my wife. I had the windows down and as I drove forward (10 mph or so) I could hear a rubbing sound coming from the left rear. It's weird that there would be a rub in raised mode - but wondering if anyone else experienced this.

I suppose I can get my wife to drive and I can get in the back seat and put my head out of the window to try to get a better sense of what it might be.

#2 ·
You should probably take it back in to the Service Department. There have been a couple of reports with different suspension problems and the dealer can assist. You get some noise with raise and lower, but shouldn't really get a rubbing sound.

#3 ·
Look in the wheel well area for anything that could contact the tyre.

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of hearing a rub in that area too. Turned out to be the little vertical aerodynamic deflector under the body just in front of the wheel well had become dislodged, pushed back by the air flow and rubbed on tyre. It rubbed until it was worn down and pushed to pointing straight back. A new one is on order.

There's a fastener on the inner end that kept it attached to the car. There are two tabs that fit into metal clips, plus a post between them, that go up into the underside. They are at least 1/2 inch long each. One clip was still in the underside and one clip on the outermost tab on the piece.

I was able to turn and position the piece back then push it into place just like it was originally. I have no idea how this happened since there is no sign of physical impact from anything. The length of the tabs and post would seem to make it impossible to come loose.

#4 ·
Mine kept coming loose so I installed an additional fastener. The added fastener is on the right in this picture. It's a NAPA 665-5149. Came in a bag of 5. Looks just like the ones on the far left of the picture that are factory pieces. Drill a 5/16 inch hole 1/2 inch from the outer edge of the defector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.