Another Negative Review - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
All these sites that focus on Teslas have produced crap reviews. So yes, bias.

The I-Pace really is a crossover in style, but with the air suspension, it has Range Rover off-road ability. These labels don't matter one bit, though.

OMG! He's drinking during a car review!
I feel its just laziness in knowing that appealing to the larger crowd will still be a win for them instead of actually learning about a new product.
sciencegeek and Mister Dave like this.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:05 AM

Do these boys know that Tesla voids the warranty if you take the X off road? THAT'S what defines an SUV. We can go through 20" of water.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Fred is a Tesla Referral Points blog site owner. He is in it for Tesla Points for Free Stuff. I think he might have forgot to tell Jaguar that.

Love how he mashed the hood with the key fob for no reason. I don't think he's a car person.

You should have heard him whining about the fact he doesn't know how to use a SAE Combo charger. That was comedy. Same car, different video.

"Doesn't feel like 4.5s to 60 mph." Fred, you could have spent $0 dollars on a cellphone app and tested it.
You're being way too kind to him. Have you told the story of the Fred ban on you and Jeff Nisewanger?
NerdUno likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 09:41 AM

When it comes to Fred and Electrek, I'm reminded of the old German proverb: "Whose bread I eat, his song I sing."
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
You're being way too kind to him. Have you told the story of the Fred ban on you and Jeff Nisewanger?
He doesn't appreciate being corrected when he's wrong.
NerdUno likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:16 PM

Is a joke right from the beginning and not a proper review as the negativity towards the I-Pace was already visible in their facial expressions and their tone of voice. The only thing I agree on is that the infotainment is a bit laggy and not that user friendly, but its absolutely fine and does what it should. And the comment about charging anxiety is not the fault of the I-Pace at all, thats a generic issue with any EV, even Tesla. Sure Tesla has a supercharger network which really is good, but this infrastructure is getting built up for all EVs as we speak and sooner or later Tesla will start sharing their superchargers with other EVs as well. This is the first review I have seen from this channel and a quick glance through their videos shows a lot of Tesla stuff....hence I hope they get their referrals before that gets cut out by Tesla as well if it hasnt already.
Mister Dave likes this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
He doesn't appreciate being corrected when he's wrong.
A clear understatement.
NerdUno likes this.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:49 AM

This one mentions the software too. JLR should be seeing these right?

Also, the critic mentions the I-Pace not being compatible with every type of 3rd party chargers. Huh? I've never experienced that.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...k-take-review/
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 05:29 PM

Yes JLR is likely seeing this and has already reacted to this at least in Europe where an OTA was sent out to address various bugs around Christmas time. At least my infotainment system has been flawless ever since then, with some blackouts before then.
Im unsure about any incompatibility with 3rd party chargers, i have experience 2 AC chargers of the same brand which did not work on my I-Pace while other cars parked there could charge, thats the only bad charging experience I have encountered.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phila View Post
Yes JLR is likely seeing this and has already reacted to this at least in Europe where an OTA was sent out to address various bugs 2.
What software versions do you have?

Many with infotainment version 18D are still reporting problems. Some in The Netherlands are reporting no further bugs with telematics version 15.2, but also state both 18D and 15.2 require dealer install versus OTA.
NerdUno likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page