I-Pace Competitors - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

I-Pace Competitors

The I-Pace still won't be out for some time but once it does go on sale, Jaguar's electric vehicle will compete with the likes of the Model 3 and the already on sale Bolt EV. I think Tesla is more of a threat depending on how well made the Model 3 is, the Bolt seems to be a utility EV to me.
post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:18 AM

The I-Pace is going to compete with the Bolt and Model 3 ?! I can't see something with this much expected power and luxury from Jaguar going for anywhere close to the same price as the entry level EVs from Chevy and Tesla.

I was more thinking this could be competing with the upcoming EV suv from Audi although that may be a stretch as well.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:44 PM

Agree with Sprint.

Looking into it more the I-Pace actually taps right into the segment that Tesla's Model X carved out which other car makers have yet to get into. BMW will be releasing an i5, so when that happens it will be another one we can add into this conversation:

Rendering for reference...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

I was looking more into the range of already existing electric vehicles for comparison more than performance, but the Model X and BMW i5 does make more sense in terms of performance. We don't know anything about the i5 yet, so we'll have to look at the Model X instead and I think it is currently the fastest SUV in the market with a zero to 100km/h in a claimed 3.1 seconds.

Think Jaguar can do something similar?
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:39 AM

Jaguar doesn't even think they'll do better than that lol. They're claiming the range of 4.0.

The i5 does look like an ideal competitor though. Similar sizing, heck even the styling is pretty darn nice. I don't doubt for a second it'll be in the same range in terms of performance as the I-Pace either.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 AM

BMW was at one point considering launching M versions of the i3 and i8, so hopefully by time the i5 comes around and the I-Pace comes around we'll see at least one i-series model with an M Package. i5 would be the most ideal model for it, much to the extent of a regular 5-series getting an M-Package. Something which should be a great example for Jaguar.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:18 AM

I can only imagine what an M packaged i3 would look like. Still hate it. However, an M packaged i5 on the other hand.. that will give me something to think about. Maybe Jaguar will present an I-Pace SVR ?!
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

I doubt Jaguar will come out with an I-Pace SVR if the current 2017 F-Pace doesn't have that as an option. With how much power the I-Pace has, would it really need a SVR variant? Perhaps if BMW does come out with an i5 M.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 10:38 AM

The battery is already delivering 700Nm of instant torque, that's plenty for me and most of the time owners don't push a vehicle to its full potential unless you take it to the track.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:25 AM

Although the battery and powertrain might have a certain potential well beyond what its set to come out with (usable) odds are some of the drivetain won`t be able to handle an increase above 15%. When talking bigger power gains usually the drivetrain has to be looked at.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page