I-Pace Competitors - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 12:13 PM

Haven't been able to find any specs on speculation specs on what the i5 should be getting/producing but they are saying it'll look more like the regular model lineup rather than something weird like the i3.
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 01:17 PM

There`s nothing out on it right now aside from speculation. Somewhere i heard we might get a first look at this years LA Auto Show. LA is one of the key markets for this sort of product. But even that too should be taken with a grain of salt till we get some more confirmation.
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:32 AM

Definitely, delays are always a big possibility and where they plan on debuting can change as we're still a good time off. Any renderings yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:08 AM

So far, the only renderings out there are not from BMW and the designs are still relatively "out there" IMO. I can understand automakers trying to make EV looks more like the regular models as to attract more buyers who does not want to stick out.
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 01:16 PM

don't like how that looks, hopefully its more along the lines of what the following rendering is showing:

That design alone would do a lot for BMW and rival Teslas design nicely
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Even if they based the i5 on something that resembles the 5 series and just looks a little more "future-ish" without looking like it came out of Star Trek or something, I would be pretty content with seeing them.
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Andy Goss who is the Jaguar director of sales and marketing said that "there’s not a car brand at this show that’s not working on a (full-electric) vehicle, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche all have product coming.” So when the i-pace is out, it'll be competing against other automotive giants including Tesla.
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkJaguar View Post
Andy Goss who is the Jaguar director of sales and marketing said that "there’s not a car brand at this show that’s not working on a (full-electric) vehicle, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche all have product coming.” So when the i-pace is out, it'll be competing against other automotive giants including Tesla.
Well that's how it has always been for a long time, we've known this for years. Even at information which hinted at the market going this direction. A prime example are all the deals going on better car makers and suppliers, always some of the first things in the process.
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:18 AM

It's a given that it'll be going up against them. We've already seen Audi coming to play soon enough. How long did anyone think it would have been Jaguar "holding down the fort" (rhetorical question)
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 10:54 AM

If BMW comes out with anything like the i3, I don't have high hopes for that compared to the i-Pace. It may appeal to die hard BMW fans, but for those who doesn't have a brand preference that design may drive them away.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page