I-Pace Competitors - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkJaguar View Post
I doubt Jaguar will come out with an I-Pace SVR if the current 2017 F-Pace doesn't have that as an option. With how much power the I-Pace has, would it really need a SVR variant? Perhaps if BMW does come out with an i5 M.
Ah... see they don't have the option YET. It's definitely testing though.

Aside from that, I do understand that the I-Pace comes with plenty power and twist, but possibly SVR options to make it a bit more aggressive. They can still provide wheels, a kit of some sort, etc.
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

A performance kit for the i-Pace? That is a possibility, maybe some Aero bits like rear wing and spoiler or a set of stickier tires. That sounds easier than trying to tune the electric motors for more power.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 07:23 PM

Exactly. And they'll still be able to get away with sticking the SVR badge on it, jacking that price up a bit more, and people will undoubtedly pay for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:36 AM

Audi is going to unveil their e-tron SUV and it could be competition for the I-Pace. Heard that it'll share its underpinning with the Porsche Mission E so we can expect to see amazing handling from it. Nothing much was said about the power output, but a 311 mile range.

Whole article can be found on Carbuzz: Audi Is Gearing Up To Unveil Its Jaguar I-Pace Fighter, The e-tron SUV
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

New rumor from Automotive News Europe suggests that Bentley could be joining the all electric SUV race too. Guess the brand thinks smaller SUVs could be stealing sales from the highly profitable Bentayga in the future.

Quote:
"If you are looking for such a car [small SUV] then we are looking to that in combination with the possibilities to go full electric," said Rolf Frech, Bentley's board member for engineering. "It only makes sense if you get really new customers into the brand."
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkJaguar View Post
New rumor from Automotive News Europe suggests that Bentley could be joining the all electric SUV race too. Guess the brand thinks smaller SUVs could be stealing sales from the highly profitable Bentayga in the future.
With BMW having plans for an i5 EV car that might mean whatever power plant goes into that could make its way in the Bentley or something similar that generates an adequate power to weight ratio. After all BMW owns Bentley.

...and apparently BMW also has plans for an eSUV...

post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 10:28 AM

The concept Audi electric SUV was packing 503bhp combined, 4.6 seconds to 62mph, and an estimated range of ~310ish miles. All to be here by 2018 sometime.
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 08:39 PM

I really hope that design stays somewhat close to the concept since there's a lot going on similar to my favorite Audis, Q7 being one.

post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 11:18 AM

Most of the time a production model is a very watered down version of the concept that was on display and it ends up letting down potential buyers. At least with the I-Pace concept, it doesn't look too far off from what a production model could be. But the Audi electric SUV's front will probably get an overhaul.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.XAU View Post
With BMW having plans for an i5 EV car that might mean whatever power plant goes into that could make its way in the Bentley or something similar that generates an adequate power to weight ratio. After all BMW owns Bentley.

...and apparently BMW also has plans for an eSUV...
It can't look any worse than the BMW i3 with its tiny nostrils and short electric range. If the i5 can deliver performance and long range all wrapped up in a stylish package, then it may be able to compete against the i-Pace.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page