Cybertruck - Page 6 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 07:27 PM

Well, he was in the most recent Rick and Morty episode, so I forgive Elon.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2014 Forester, and maybe going to get a Fiat 500e
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidave View Post
As with my impressions of the M3 when I test drove it -- Tesla is not designing for drivers/consumers. They are designing either to cut costs (ooooh, minimalism!) or for their own unchecked fantasies.
I find it hard to rationalize that statement with the fact that 99.6% of Model 3 owners told Bloomberg that the car was a pleasure to drive. And 97.5% said that it had better or equal reliability compared to the other cars that have owned.

The drivers/consumers have spoken.
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis View Post
I find it hard to rationalize that statement with the fact that 99.6% of Model 3 owners told Bloomberg that the car was a pleasure to drive. And 97.5% said that it had better or equal reliability compared to the other cars that have owned.

The drivers/consumers have spoken.
And 100% of people who jumped off the cliff said they liked the feeling of wind rushing past their face. You are using a self selecting group of people. Those of us who donít find Teslaís a pleasure to drive, well we donít buy them!

As for reliability I just simply smile and move on. I know two people who came from Hondaís and Toyota ICE to their first M3 BEV. To them it is a nicer car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
And 100% of people who jumped off the cliff said they liked the feeling of wind rushing past their face. You are using a self selecting group of people. Those of us who donít find Teslaís a pleasure to drive, well we donít buy them!

As for reliability I just simply smile and move on. I know two people who came from Hondaís and Toyota ICE to their first M3 BEV. To them it is a nicer car.
And it is a rather large self selecting group, isn't it? Best selling sedan in he US by dollar volume. Fifth best selling sedan by units. They are the "consumers" and "drivers" whom the OP claimed Tesla was not designing their cars for.

You can smirk all you want, but for some reason those Honda and Toyota drivers were willing to pay 25%-50% more for their Model 3 than their previous cars. Pretty amazing for a car you obviously disdain.
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 02:14 AM

Tesla's Cybertruck is a Branding Masterstroke

post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Where did you find that guy? That's the most vapid piece I've seen on a new car launch in a while.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis View Post
And it is a rather large self selecting group, isn't it? Best selling sedan in he US by dollar volume. Fifth best selling sedan by units. They are the "consumers" and "drivers" whom the OP claimed Tesla was not designing their cars for.

You can smirk all you want, but for some reason those Honda and Toyota drivers were willing to pay 25%-50% more for their Model 3 than their previous cars. Pretty amazing for a car you obviously disdain.
Interesting you think I care that much. M3 is a meh car, but itís the best one Tesla currently make. They both got the absolute base version with no modification based on my recommendation. And to them itís a sexier car than an Accord and they both wanted a BEV. Only negative is itís a RWD car in a region that gets snow and no CarPlay or AA.

But you still sound like a full time Tesla PR guy. Is there a list for talking points I can get on?
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
But you still sound like a full time Tesla PR guy. Is there a list for talking points I can get on?
Nope, I'm just a happy Tesla owner and TSLA long investor.

My somewhat obsessive interest in Tesla comes from my tech and startup work background and my lifelong interest in performance cars. I search out information and opinion (+ and -) about Tesla and the markets it competes in (EV's, battery storage, renewable energy) from many sources. I read as much information as is available on competitive products, which is how I discovered this forum. I reason based on the factual information I find and come to conclusions about Tesla's current and future prospects. I share those opinions with people who both agree and disagree with me and learn from their feedback.
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 08:56 PM

I commend Tesla for pushing the envelope here and getting EVs to the masses. Tesla battery tech / management seems better than the competition. The M3 performance is great. The fit and finish not so much for a car that is 70k in Canada. Paint, panels, interior, handling, suspension are much better in the I-Pace - as it should be in a luxury car.

I think the M3 should be priced slightly more than the electric kona. Overall quality looks about on par with middle of the road Japanese or Korean brands with some interesting tech.
epirali likes this.

2020 Silicon Silver HSE
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 03:05 PM

epirali, Timbo and gtquan like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page