Mercedes EQC - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mercedes EQC

Build site is live, with a lot less individual options than the I-Pace. No pricing info yet. Inside looks nice, but the exterior is even more boring than the E-Tron.

https://www.mbusa.com/en/eqc-details
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 12:39 AM

Stopped by MB dealer to see the GLE. Didn't have one with the option I wanted to test drive, the cool suspension. No word on the EQC ETA.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Stopped by MB dealer to see the GLE. Didn't have one with the option I wanted to test drive, the cool suspension. No word on the EQC ETA.
FWIW we have a GLE (I-Pace is mine, MB is the wife's). We love it, quite comfortable and perfect size for us and 2 kids. The lease on our 2017 is up and we've factory ordered a 2020 with everything (including the new 3 row option for when family visits), arriving this or next week. Definitely recommend if you want a mid-to-large-size gas SUV for larger loads and longer road trips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtdavi3 View Post
FWIW we have a GLE (I-Pace is mine, MB is the wife's). We love it, quite comfortable and perfect size for us and 2 kids. The lease on our 2017 is up and we've factory ordered a 2020 with everything (including the new 3 row option for when family visits), arriving this or next week. Definitely recommend if you want a mid-to-large-size gas SUV for larger loads and longer road trips.
Did you order E-Active Body Control? That feature is the one that most interests me. Otherwise the vehicle is far too large. But if it can ride like butter, might be worth it.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 AM

We did. We honestly didn’t care as much about the driving dynamics for her car (my wife just wanted room for kids and groceries/shopping along with her massage seats and panoramic roof!) but what test-driving we did was extremely smooth. Quite a bit of giddy-up for such a large car too. Tested a GLC and GLS as well, GLE was far and away the best, both in looks and capability. GLC too small, GLS hasn’t gotten the overhaul so far this model year that the GLE has (at least as of this summer when we tested them all).
jsimon7777 likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 01:17 PM
ELO

I sent in my build choices for the EQC but the color choices are minimal at the moment. Audi Sport Back is neck and neck for me if I bail out of the Rivian R1T which is my strong interest. Sorry I-Pace but I'm reading too many issues with you. It seems like the big problems with EV'S are similar with Dell when I spent many hours with tech support with windows 95. Can't leave out Mach-E. Lots of frunk room. Yes I'm a holdout for the moment. Big price for all of these vehicles to get it wrong. Also being in AZ as a destination for reference I use Vegas and no charging in between until you reach Vegas unless you go with Tesla.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

None of these other cars have been on the road long enough to know whether they might have the same issues. Granted, reliability of Audi and Daimler is better than JLR but the same issues will pop up, perhaps at lower rates. Everyone is learning and we're the guinea pigs, regardless of brand. Re: Rivian, my prediction is that it will be riddled with bugs and issues in the first (few) year(s).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELO View Post
I sent in my build choices for the EQC but the color choices are minimal at the moment. Audi Sport Back is neck and neck for me if I bail out of the Rivian R1T which is my strong interest. Sorry I-Pace but I'm reading too many issues with you. It seems like the big problems with EV'S are similar with Dell when I spent many hours with tech support with windows 95. Can't leave out Mach-E. Lots of frunk room. Yes I'm a holdout for the moment. Big price for all of these vehicles to get it wrong. Also being in AZ as a destination for reference I use Vegas and no charging in between until you reach Vegas unless you go with Tesla.
I think a good solution for you may be 2021 Toyota RAV4 PHEV which will get 39 miles of EV range.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Comparison between the EQC and I-Pace

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-mer...-i-pace/n20489
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

I-Pace comes out on top which is what we all knew to start with

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page