Bjorn Nyland's Audi e-tron review - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bjorn Nyland's Audi e-tron review

Still think that car is one big snooze-fest but very jealous of the super responsive infotainment system on the e-tron. Come on Jaguar, do something about it!

phila likes this.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Range of 205 miles at 56 mph with a consumption of 40.7 kWh/mi (temp of -5 C). So same ball park as I-Pace.

phila likes this.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 02:01 PM

We all know Porsche/Audi can make decent products. Ultimately, I think EV fans should cheer increased availability / choice of quality EVs; and then choices can be made on particular features / pricing. For me, I don't want another truck (have one). So, the somewhat lower profile of the I-Pace suits me better. . . and yes, JLR better iron-out the software . . .
Dantrium, ryzvy and phila like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 02:50 PM

I am a HUGE Audi fan here, will definitely grab the Audi GT eTron when its available. I was waiting for this, and the more I found out the more boring it seemed. And then the I Pace popped up and as a non Jaguar leaning person I was immediately hooked and ordered one. That is not a good sign for Audi. I am sure they will have a lot of family buyers, and Audi is second to none in interior detail and control systems.

But still at the end of the day I decided I am not yet close enough to death to get the Audi SUV.
Calidave and ryzvy like this.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:01 PM

Just watched this now too and have been waiting for this from Bjrn Nyland. He really is one of the better and honest EV reviewers out there.

The infotainment although more responsive then the IPaces did look a bit similar as well and im guessing its running some sort of Windows in the background. Did not like the locked charging cable but one super smart thing was that it offers Type2 charging on both sides of the car which really makes home charger placement easier.

This car does look good, but its also pricer then the IPace and is bigger/bulkier as well making it not so attractive for my wife to drive. Plus still not out on the road yet here in Norway, Jaguar definitely worked hard to get their IPace launched and on the streets before this one and some of the other big ones are coming out later this year.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:03 PM

OMG, this is so funny. He can't unplug the charging cable. Thank goodness with the I-Pace, you just have to cycle lock-unlock cycle to release the charging port lock. And that smudgy screens! LOL.

Last edited by bruintoo; 01-29-2019 at 03:06 PM.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:06 PM

I too am a big Audi fan but the looks of this one are just horrible. What's with the bulky snout? There is no reason whatsoever to design it that way!
Calidave and dtgsrq like this.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:06 PM

The only real advantage I see here is the infotainment setup - and it's a big advantage. Echoing others in saying: Jaguar, get our software sorted out!!!
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
I too am a big Audi fan but the looks of this one are just horrible. What's with the bulky snout? There is no reason whatsoever to design it that way!

I agree. Audi missed a huge opportunity on the design. They could have absolutely ruled the passenger / cargo specs if they would have used those dimensions for the interior.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
OMG, this is so funny. He can't unplug the charging cable. Thank goodness with the I-Pace, you just have to cycle lock-unlock cycle to release the charging port lock. And that smudgy screens! LOL.
We also have an emergency charger release under the hood at the top right its a red string. I used it on day1 when i had to call the dealer as I didnt know about the hit unlock 2x trick on the key
But unlike on this Audi, the I-Pace emergency release was easy to pull and worked right away

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page