Board is slow like molasses... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 145
Board is slow like molasses...

I have been on some boards that appear to use this same forum software engine. (But I'm going by appearances.)



They have a pattern of slow loading times when a new display or message is called for with a click. But this one is markedly slower than even those.


I'm running some ad blockers and such (which I do on the others also). Could that be it?


Any suggestions for speeding up this interface in general? TIA.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is online now  
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:24 AM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 106
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I have been on some boards that appear to use this same forum software engine. (But I'm going by appearances.)



They have a pattern of slow loading times when a new display or message is called for with a click. But this one is markedly slower than even those.


I'm running some ad blockers and such (which I do on the others also). Could that be it?


Any suggestions for speeding up this interface in general? TIA.
what kind of extensions are you using and which browser is this? check to see if your browser and extensions are up to date first.
some extensions do block certain script that can affect the site.

Lee
Administrator is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 145
I am running with the up to date Mac OS Mojave with the up to date Firefox browser, with its blocking on, plus Ghostery blocking on.



For unknown reasons (and without any intentional change on my part) it has been markedly faster today and yesterday.



It's a mystery! But a lot better! Thanks for your response.
Administrator likes this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:37 AM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 106
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I am running with the up to date Mac OS Mojave with the up to date Firefox browser, with its blocking on, plus Ghostery blocking on.



For unknown reasons (and without any intentional change on my part) it has been markedly faster today and yesterday.



It's a mystery! But a lot better! Thanks for your response.
well we didn't do anything xD so maybe there was dev changes done during the day.
btw, you can always test what's the issue but turning your extensions on and off to narrow down the issue. I think adblock and ghostery can be turned on and off per tab session.

Lee
Administrator is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
fedorachef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 226
I was experiencing it too u using a pixel book with the latest version of chrome. It's been fine recently.
fedorachef is online now  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 145
I recently had several MS Office program updates, and they pre-load in the background and compete for bandwidth.


It is common that it makes many things sluggish. I will turn off the blockers and see if that makes a noticeable difference.



Thanks again!


Edit: it was the Firefox blocker. Making this site an exception for its blocking and still leaving Ghostery on just made it snappy. Nice! I should have figured out to try that, but now I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Administrator likes this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19

Last edited by LauderdaleFE; 04-27-2019 at 12:39 AM.
LauderdaleFE is online now  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 106
Garage
Glad to hear you got it figured out. Let us know if you need anything else.

Niall
Administrator is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 646
I think its the board, it comes and it goes, and I have lots of bandwidth and nothing in background. Multiple locations and multiple platforms. None of it makes a difference. Its the servers.
epirali is online now  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 106
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
I think its the board, it comes and it goes, and I have lots of bandwidth and nothing in background. Multiple locations and multiple platforms. None of it makes a difference. Its the servers.
Are you noticing any specific times its worst?
-Philip
Administrator is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Are you noticing any specific times its worst?
-Philip
Right now, it took almost 15 seconds for this to come up.
epirali is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sales off to a slow start ChargedUp 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 General Discussion 12 09-13-2018 10:53 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome