Not able to add attachments - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Not able to add attachments

My paperclip icon is not working. Do I need to be a member longer to post photos and videos? Thanks.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 PM

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:38 PM

No you should be able to post. Tried using the drag and drop window that attaches thumnails that you can then click on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Still trying to figure it out. I have an Excel sheet that converts kWh/100 miles to MPGe and Range. Would like to share it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:11 PM

Take a screenshot of the spreadsheet and save it as a jpg, then drag over the attachment field, and it'll show up as a thumbnail you can click on.

But before you post it ... promise me that these are not the consumption figures from your trip meter and journeys? Those are consistently wrong, always underestimates, whose errors vary by the mix of driving you did. The only way to get reasonably accurate consumption estimates is to record the SoC at the beginning and end of the trip and assuming the reasonable estimate of 82kWh range of 0% to 100% displayed SoC. At the edges of SoC (very low or very high) even this is not a reliable metric because of the nonlinearity of SoC measurements.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Take a screenshot of the spreadsheet and save it as a jpg, then drag over the attachment field, and it'll show up as a thumbnail you can click on.

But before you post it ... promise me that these are not the consumption figures from your trip meter and journeys? Those are consistently wrong, always underestimates, whose errors vary by the mix of driving you did. The only way to get reasonably accurate consumption estimates is to record the SoC at the beginning and end of the trip and assuming the reasonable estimate of 82kWh range of 0% to 100% displayed SoC. At the edges of SoC (very low or very high) even this is not a reliable metric because of the nonlinearity of SoC measurements.
Thanks for the advice and I will give it a go tomorrow morning.
The numbers are not based on my trips but simply a chart from 1-100kWh and the associated MPGe and expected range. Simple math. I totally get you on the underestimation of the car's figures. I don't know how many cars I've owned that the trip computers MPG numbers overestimate by at least 10%. I always went by simple miles travelled and gallons of gas used.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Here is the conversion chart that takes kWh/100 miles energy usage and converts it to MPGe and expected range. The range is 1 kWh to 100 kWh in .25 kWh increments. Sorry but after 20 years of hunting submarines and having to memorize thousands of numbers and then working as an analyst on the national ballistic missile defense system, I am a total numbers geek. Hope you find this chart useful. Others have pointed out the inaccuracy of the I-Pace efficiency results but they can be useful in trend analysis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kWh100MilesConversion.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	514.6 KB
ID:	1925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	1927  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page