IPace UK test drive video - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:09 PM

Yeah. I'm in the same boat (mostly local trips (<150 miles round trip) and sometimes to Sierras (~180 miles one-way / charge over night)) where off-road to the lakes, through snow will be great.

Off topic, but I'll observe that Audi's put together a pretty compelling set of amenities for $75k (upscale seating, 20" wheels, etc.) though some items (weight/range, imminent deliveries) are missing.

So, good news is that our options are expanding nicely. Ultimately, I-Pace fits my profile best. So, here I am.
phil and Nekodan like this.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl View Post
lol "city cars"? I drove my Model S places because of the super charger network.

Places I'd never been before. All over the freaking place. 60,000 miles worth of places.

www.supercharge.info exactly where can't you go?

at 14 MPG in my current ride (until I pick up an EV-SUV) I'll tell you where I don't go now... anywhere. it's too **** expensive! (we take the 3)
It's not that you CAN'T go somewhere, it's just that it's a hassle. My time is worth more than gasoline. YMMV.

But to each, his own. If you enjoy supercharging and long electric trips, more power to you! So to speak...
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 AM

The only people who consider it a hassle don't own the cars. Gasoline is the hassle.

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidave View Post
Yeah. I'm in the same boat (mostly local trips (<150 miles round trip) and sometimes to Sierras (~180 miles one-way / charge over night)) where off-road to the lakes, through snow will be great.

Off topic, but I'll observe that Audi's put together a pretty compelling set of amenities for $75k (upscale seating, 20" wheels, etc.) though some items (weight/range, imminent deliveries) are missing.

So, good news is that our options are expanding nicely. Ultimately, I-Pace fits my profile best. So, here I am.

You may want to plug your trip into the onboard computer when you get a chance, just to make sure you'll have enough juice to make the trip. I've got 107 miles door-to-door with a 4000 ft elevation gain (6,000 to 10,000 with a few ups and downs along the way). On a fully charged battery, the nav system says I arrive with 28% remaining. Add in some degradation when I make the trip in the dead of winter and temps may be below 0F for portions of it, I'm still comfortable. I'm guessing your trip starts out closer to sea level which means more of a climb. I don't know if the I Pace has the battery to get you there without a top off along the way. The good news for you is, I'm sure there are DC fast chargers in Sacramento and elsewhere on your route. There are precisely zero charging stations along my route.

Although this brings up a good question. My assumption is that, unlike ICE vehicles, EVs do not lose efficiency at altitude because there aren't any pistons relying on pressure generation nor is there combustible fuel relying on oxygen to burn. Add in the fact that air resistance is significantly lower due to decreased air pressure and EVs should see a mild bump in range at altitude. Does anyone know if this is born out in real life?
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Tesla has been offering some fairly serious discounts on inventory Model S and X's the last few weeks as well.
Sales guy quotes me discounts in the 5k range for 75 and 100Ds in the just breaking 100k range. 5k off? Phst! I got about 15k off my RAM. At least the RAM dealer has the bandwidth to fix issues. No... I still don't see any Tesla CAR as a worthwhile purchase. I absolutely love the four Powerwalls we own, though. Haven't needed them yet for a power outage, but peace of mind is real. We usually get 2-3 significant outages a year. Can't wait for the rainy season.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:46 AM

Quote:
The only people who consider it a hassle don't own the cars. Gasoline is the hassle.
Charging at home I find quite convenient. On the road - giant hassle!
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Sales guy quotes me discounts in the 5k range for 75 and 100Ds in the just breaking 100k range. 5k off? Phst! I got about 15k off my RAM. At least the RAM dealer has the bandwidth to fix issues. No... I still don't see any Tesla CAR as a worthwhile purchase. I absolutely love the four Powerwalls we own, though. Haven't needed them yet for a power outage, but peace of mind is real. We usually get 2-3 significant outages a year. Can't wait for the rainy season.

...that just means the RAM was marked up $15k to start with...

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Charged to 100%, battery 'preconditioned', set eco mode, and set climate to doesn't do a thing mode. ...
I thought they set the climate to 'do a thing for anyone onboard, and ignore empty seats' mode?
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Guy

Yes, he is just moody..
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 02:17 AM

Quote:
...that just means the RAM was marked up $15k to start with...
Yes and no. I mean, I could have gotten a better deal if I went to Texas, but that's about it. The hardest part was finding one with a good deal and the options I wanted, like air ride and the proper bed length.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page