I-Pace concept showcased beside Formula E - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

I-Pace concept showcased beside Formula E

Electric racing seems to be where a few manufacturers are shifting towards instead of the traditional gas powered Formula races and Jaguar has taken part for the first time this year. At every Formula E race, Jaguar places an I-Pace on display alongside the I-Type racecar as a way to promote their EV.

“The two have to be together,” says Alain Leynaert from Jaguar Canada’s I-Pace product team. “The racecar will help sell the production car.”

Kind of working because now I want a black I-Pace with bright green trim.

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 05:22 PM

This is probably the perfect excuse and the only excuse we need to start putting stripes on the I-Pace since there are little else reasons for us to be doing that. Even just highlighting certain areas with the same blue would be good enough for me.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Not all cars look good with stripes, but a black I-Pace may be the perfect canvas for neon green/blue ones. And I may be tempted to go for a tron theme with plasti dip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidBeaver View Post
Not all cars look good with stripes, but a black I-Pace may be the perfect canvas for neon green/blue ones. And I may be tempted to go for a tron theme with plasti dip.
something similar to what we already see on the I-Pace concept would be great and probably the most real owner will actually care for. at least if Jaguar doesn't do it, we can get it done for cheap and steal the idea used for the concept. only barrier is with colors.... those blue stripes on a red I-Pace will not look good.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:16 AM

Doesn't have to be blue only, maybe the red I-Pace will look nice with some black ones, gives it a slightly evil look even though it's an emission free car.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkJaguar View Post
Doesn't have to be blue only, maybe the red I-Pace will look nice with some black ones, gives it a slightly evil look even though it's an emission free car.
one of my goals was to keep it true to the racecar along with having colors that also hint at the fact that this is an electric car, so that being the case for someone like me, color options are limited. I go for the colors typically promoted by the brand which grey is one of. can't wait to see what white will look like.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Most people will stick with what Jaguar provides anyways even though a few small tweaks do sound interesting. I personally think a few pin strips won't look back, but it'll be a long while before I actually get around to even trying it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidBeaver View Post
Most people will stick with what Jaguar provides anyways even though a few small tweaks do sound interesting. I personally think a few pin strips won't look back, but it'll be a long while before I actually get around to even trying it.
Unless Jaguar gets into the whole lifestyle thing and creates a line of accessories that cater too a green lifestyle, we could see vinyl packs come out. I would personally like to see that. Sometimes its little things that go a long way, especially with higher end products like this Jaguar.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page