2018 Jaguar I-Pace Mule Spottee - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

2018 Jaguar I-Pace Mule Spottee

It's still under camouflage, but you can see the general outline of it and where some of the pinched metal will be on the side profile. I do like how they've kept the large air intakes in the front, it may be covered but you can see where the indent it.

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Well then... this sure clears up and verifies a lot of whats talk about here. It looks very much like the concept. Those wheels just better be something only offered on lower trims.

On another note... Model X... watch out.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 10:28 AM

Yeah.. not feeling those wheels at all.

Speaking of the Model X though, I've never liked the way it looks. Lacks character in my opinion. The doors are pretty cool though but that's about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:11 AM

If you compare it to teh concept, the production model really does look almost exactly like it down to that rear window shape and where the ridges sit. I can't wait for the interior reveal if that's how close the exterior is to the concept.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Sprint View Post
Yeah.. not feeling those wheels at all.

Speaking of the Model X though, I've never liked the way it looks. Lacks character in my opinion. The doors are pretty cool though but that's about it.
Tesla does design well enough that it won't be a complete deal breaker for someone that really loves tech, but there's no doubt Jaguar does design better in every way, they just may not get as high tech. JLR has a lot more reasons to keep tech similar to what we currently can get than to offer something new
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

I much prefer the I-Pace's infotainment system and the instrument cluster, no need for what is essentially a giant iPad mounted in the middle and I'm sure JLR knows their demographic enough to leave that out. Maybe some day in the future, but the current tech and layout is fine with me.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 PM

It's perfect and appealing for the time we're at right now. Over the years, their progression in the EV game will go with what that trend/wants are.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidBeaver View Post
I much prefer the I-Pace's infotainment system and the instrument cluster, no need for what is essentially a giant iPad mounted in the middle and I'm sure JLR knows their demographic enough to leave that out. Maybe some day in the future, but the current tech and layout is fine with me.
Agree.

Although I like Tesla's system, what good is it if every car maker has the same thing going on.

For all we know Jaguar might have something better in store. Maybe a system that uses more gesture, voice command, etc. related things.

Many ways to position themselves in this super techy world.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 03:08 PM

They'll definitely try to up the game by presenting something that isn't a typical feature or even a feature offered currently just to give them more of an edge in the competition. Hopefully at least.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

AWD would set the I-Pace apart, and its performance will set it apart from the rest. I do wonder why only that one panel is not covered in camouflage while the rest of the body is.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page