Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

New 3 Series BMW Infotainment

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  NerdUno 
#1 ·
Check out this one

Again, this is a car priced around 50k and the tech is miles ahead of our Jags.

Jaguar - are you seeing this??? Update our systems!

#3 ·
This is why I keep saying that Jaguar gave us this incredible car with the last gen infotainment tech. If this is supposed to be the company's halo car, they needed to really bring it...

#18 ·
I bought the Jaguar for the car not the infotainment. If there was a basic minimum version of the infotainment I would have clicked the box when ordering.
Actually, the Jaguar problem is that it's a "next generation" infotainment system is based upon Micro$oft's new platform. That should tell you everything you need to know about why development progress has been painfully slow (just like the UI itself).

#6 · (Edited)
I like the length of the hood. Can't wait for the V-12 version!
Wait. Doesn't it come with a motorcycle engine? 1,990 cc 4 banger?

#7 ·
Again, my argument isn't really about the actual design of the car, just the infotainment system and all the nice things - check out how good the camera system is. It even has a system to help you automatically back out of an odd space by memorizing the path you took to get in. This would be amazing for my garage as it's always a nailbiter to pull out (until I build my new garage!).

It's just smart next-gen tech and the I-Pace seems to have current or last gen tech in a lot of ways.

Reactions: sciencegeek
#8 ·
Can the stereo play loud and clear? That's infotainment. Jag nails that. Everything else? Whatever.

As for BMW, I had two 5-series, and I doubt I'm going back anytime soon. The last gen 3 series was terrible. The 5series has lost any pretensions of sportiness short of the M. I'd rather spend the extra for a Porsche if I want an ICE vehicle.

#10 ·
No.. the stereo would be entertainment/media. Infotainment is the actual screen, features, and usability. Considering most of us couldn't even figure out how to change the cameras I'd say out infotainment system isn't exactly intuitive.

#11 · (Edited)
That's great but it's not an EV and now looks like a MB C300. Meh. Anyhow, true that the JLR InfoTech needs A LOT of work to catch up to the German & Japanese InfoTech technologies and we should ALL implore JLR to make the technology better and more on par with the other luxury brands when we complete online surveys on our I-Paces. I just did this the other day and submitted it to JLR...hopefully they listen and make improvements in the coming year or two. ;)

BTW - I've had BMW vehicles before and they typically have many electrical issues as well, although maybe they've improved their reliability in this area.

#12 ·
My last 3 BMWs were flawless actually.

But yes, you are getting my point - JLR needs to up the tech game quite a bit to catch up to BMW/MB/Audi.

#14 ·
I was hoping that would change but so far it hasn't been the case even with the new Pacific Hybrid but with FCA stepping more into battery electric vehicles I think there's some hope that with these more simplified systems, more reliable vehicles will come as a result.
So far long term reviews are positive which says a lot about this new product.

#16 ·
Dunno. The Dodge has a 12" touchscreen with 360° Bird's-Eye, ACC, and trailer assist. The interior is actually pretty nice.

I'd never buy a Dodge, but they are pretty nice today. But a 1/2 ton loaded 4x4 is on the far side of $60k. For a 1/2 ton gasser? Naw...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.