Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Door handles

17K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Paul.x.williams 
#1 ·
Any one have issues with any of the door handles? Mine driver door handles now sticks and makes noise when retracting. I have a video, but doesn't look like we can post video.

#2 ·
Anything a little WD-40 can fix? Some things never change, and WD-40 is a car door handle's best friend.
In all seriousness I've had zero problems with them, or anything mechanical on the car for that matter. Solid, tight, and functional. Do wish they had been metal and not plastic, and I also wish there was a setting so that when keyfob present ANY of the handle small buttons pushed would extend ALL other handles, but no genuine complaints.

#3 ·
I'd get that looked at, climbing in the car from another door or through the window doesn't sound good.

You are aware of the Emergency Key Access in your fob if the handle screws up? Probably would not help, but you should be familiar with it.

Reactions: fedorachef
#4 ·
I found myself thinking... McRat's right, how would I use the Emergency Key if all doors are locked (and unresponsive to the keyfob)? Here is a link to the page Jaguar Owner Information and the information it offers (couldn't add crucial illustration found on that page):
Emergency door unlock: If the smart key and keyless entry fail to open the vehicle, insert the key blade into the lock barrel behind the driver's door handle. To access the lock barrel, push on the front end of the handle, which presents the rear of the handle. Pull the handle out to the deployed position to give access to the lock barrel.
To unlock, turn the key blade clockwise and release.
NOTES: The alarm sounds until the smart key's unlock button is pressed or the smart key is positioned correctly inside the vehicle.
Curious that the handle "presents" when pushed on one end even if 'locked'. Also curious, if the keyfob won't unlock the door (lacking power?), how will it disarm the alarm reportedly activated by using the emergency key?? I'll have to test this one before needed...

#5 ·
One month of trouble free driving for me...besides the blacking out of the infotainment & consoles that is but nothing mechanical :)
Although I was surprised yesterday. My wife and I were always under the impression that with one push of the lock all entries are locked. However yesterday I thought I had unlocked, which I hadnt as i then realized the door handles and mirrors were still retracted, but I was able to open the trunk with the foot sensors. Hence I guess taping the lock twice and waiting for the horn is the full lock :)

#6 ·
One month of trouble free driving for me...besides the blacking out of the infotainment & consoles that is but nothing mechanical [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Although I was surprised yesterday. My wife and I were always under the impression that with one push of the lock all entries are locked. However yesterday I thought I had unlocked, which I hadnt as i then realized the door handles and mirrors were still retracted, but I was able to open the trunk with the foot sensors. Hence I guess taping the lock twice and waiting for the horn is the full lock [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I am away from home, so I cannot confirm, but I am certain you can decide if you want one or all doors to unlock with a single press of the button

#9 ·
Yes, the above from sciencegeek holds true. If in 'driver unlock only' mode, the other door handles do NOT deploy or unlock. However, if there is a key present (within about 1m) when one of the other three are pressed, then all 3 others open/unlock.

Also, I did confirm today the operation of the "manual" unlock with the key blade inside the keyfob. YES, it works, albeit a bit awkwardly. YES, it sounds the car alarm when you unlock the car that way. I don't have a "dead" keyfob so I could NOT test how to stop the alarm if my keyfob 'unlock' button didn't work - fortunately for my neighbors it did. However, a dead keyfob would by the only reason I'd use the key blade in the first place... so how to silence the alarm in such case still remains a question. Thoughts?? Is there an RF proximity sensor in the keyfob that doesn't require power to be 'sensed' inside the cabin?).

#15 ·
I also have the same issue sounds like someone it kicking the back left door, possibly an actuator or something that moves the handle in and out everyone looks as if your breaking into the car when you park up.
Taken to local dealership have to wait a month before they will look at it … not impressed with Jaguar service at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.