Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - Oreo Cookie Anyone?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
dtgsrq

Oreo Cookie Anyone?

So I raced to the dealer after hearing my car arrived today! Upon opening up the driver side door.. *Extremely* dismayed (FPO really) to find it arrived with Oyster Morzine headliner, NOT the Black that I ordered for my triple-black car (Narvik black exterior, blacked out grille/trim, black Windsor leather). Dealer says a 'factory constraint' led them to produce the car with the oyster headliner, since black was 'constrained'. WTF!? Never in my life have I heard of something so ridiculous. ("We know you ordered, X, but we shipped Y since we ran out of X".) Even double-checked my online build link, vindicated my claim.

At first I thought worst case I could change out the headliner material, maybe even upgrade to the suede, but realized upon closer inspection that all the moulding, visors, handles, etc are also Oyster, making such a change impractical. IMHO, the Oyster upper really disrupts the dark, rich interior I sought (and ordered).

They screwed up my dash trim spec, too, gave me piano black when I ordered Ash Wood. I could have lived with that, but alas I rejected the vehicle. Anyone anxious for delivery this year, and OK with the "Oreo Cookie" look... PM me for details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4323.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	889   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4332.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	891   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4335.jpg
Views:	177