Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Delivery timing

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  ryzvy 
#1 ·
For the people lucky enough to have ordered and taken delivery of their customized I-Paces in the US, how long has the window been between the Build Date and Handover Date in the US? I am on the East Coast. According to my dealer, the car was built on 11/27/18 but when he checked yesterday it was still not on a ship but rather at the origin port. Right now his tracking tool is showing "At Retailer" date of 1/11/19 and "Retailed" date of 1/16/19. Based on the fact that it is still not on a ship I am not very optimistic that they'll meet that date :| Thoughts?

#2 ·
Timing is all over the map. No really good way to estimate. In my case, the car was built on October 11th, arrived in Baltimore on or about Nov 13th and then to Port Hueneme, CA on November 27th, and there the car has sat ever since (presumably waiting for a “sensor replacement”).

It is pretty the much luck of the draw as to when car is loaded onto ship and then also how long car sits at destination port waiting for Jaguar inspection and then any necessary repairs. Best advice is to sit tight and hope for the best, but be prepared for unforeseen delays.

#4 ·
For the people lucky enough to have ordered and taken delivery of their customized I-Paces in the US, how long has the window been between the Build Date and Handover Date in the US? I am on the East Coast. According to my dealer, the car was built on 11/27/18 but when he checked yesterday it was still not on a ship but rather at the origin port. Right now his tracking tool is showing "At Retailer" date of 1/11/19 and "Retailed" date of 1/16/19. Based on the fact that it is still not on a ship I am not very optimistic that they'll meet that date [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/img] Thoughts?
Build date was 8/15 and took delivery on 11/12. Was at the port on 10/24 and was released from the port on 11/06.

#9 ·
Finally got the name of the vessel from the dealer today - TARAGO. Checked marinetraffic and lo and behold it's supposed to dock in Baltimore this evening (I live in DC)! Not very hopeful that the dealer can do the handover before the end of the year so I can take the tax credit in 2018, but I guess you never know. Also keeping my fingers crossed that my car was not "supply constrained" on the ebony morzine headliner like some people are reporting here.

#14 ·
You obviously have great taste :wink2:

Love the tan seats!
Thanks! It was a struggle to decide between the Siena Tan and Mars Red. But luckily I was able to check out the Mars Red in person and even though it is a beautiful color, in bright light it appeared a bit too garish to me.

#19 ·
My prior car was a Fisker Karma - not easily replaced. Took it to a movie on a perfectly calm, sunny, warm day. Parked on an "end spot". Came out 2 hours later, and the Rav 4 NEXT to mine was crushed in by half a tree that had cracked off and fell clean through the roof/windshield. Not a scratch or even a leaf on mine. But, the whole area was blocked off & there was a team of guys with chain saws and the owners of the unfortunate Toyota all waiting for us to come move my car out of the way before they touched anything. :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.