6Likes
  • 1 Post By PS702
  • 1 Post By rogerdodger
  • 2 Post By dtgsrq
  • 2 Post By CurtSprings2

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Dealers swapping cars?

My local Jaguar dealer is great, but they don't have the actual iPace that I want (which is a 2019 and at a significantly reduced price than a 2020). Will a local dealer swap iPaces with another dealer? How much more should I expect to pay for this? Or is it easier to just buy from the dealer 3 hours away?
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Just ask them. My dealer will transfer vehicles.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmd View Post
My local Jaguar dealer is great, but they don't have the actual iPace that I want (which is a 2019 and at a significantly reduced price than a 2020). Will a local dealer swap iPaces with another dealer? How much more should I expect to pay for this? Or is it easier to just buy from the dealer 3 hours away?
Get it from the dealer 3 hours away. That's exactly what I did
If the your dealer is losing money on the car, they won't trade it to another dealer to lose money on the traded one

You would just Service it at your local dealer in the future
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 HSE Ceasium Blue/oyster, 5068 wheels
April 2019 build date
Southern California, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmd View Post
Dealers are much more inclined to give the best deal when it is on a car that they have in stock.

I also heard that Jaguar give extra monies to the cars that the dealer has had in stock the longest, that does not apply if they swap the car with another dealer.

I just leased mine from a dealer 140 miles away, who was the only dealer that had the exact spec I wanted. Did a great deal, which was even better than the very good local deal, with a similar sticker price.

Hope this helps.

Roger
PS702 likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 02:05 PM

I ordered my IPace and was settling in for a multi-month wait. Later found an almost identical one sitting at another dealer. The did indeed do a switch as I ended up with the car within 2 weeks. Otherwise, if you did not order one and they won't do a switch, I'd gp to the other place.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 09:49 PM

I will add this: your choice of servicing dealer for the I-Pace will be far more important choice than who you buy from. Secondly, this choice is also far more true for the I-Pace than any other car you have owned. Take it to the dealership with the MOST knowledgeable I-Pace service technician(s). Well worth any extra drive you may have to incur!
PS702 and Deutsch100 like this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I will add this: your choice of servicing dealer for the I-Pace will be far more important choice than who you buy from. Secondly, this choice is also far more true for the I-Pace than any other car you have owned. Take it to the dealership with the MOST knowledgeable I-Pace service technician(s). Well worth any extra drive you may have to incur!
Terrific advice! Yes, absolutely.
squishball and Deutsch100 like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 01:13 AM

I buy from Hornburg Beverly Hills, but refuse to service there. I service at Thousand Oaks Jaguar Land Rover.

Best advice given above...buy from where ever has the I-Pace you want, but find the best service Dept at any dealer you can!!

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page