i-pace SE lease - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

i-pace SE lease

Hi all,

Any idea on what will be a good lease price for a i-pace SE? I live in Northern California. Dealers are obviously going to be quoting crazy numbers. So I am looking for an indicator on a reasonable number. Below are some parameters that I want to use.

I don't want a high downpayment. I intend only 2.5K down. 10K miles / year is just fine for me.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:22 PM

LEASE FOR
$849

PER MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS§
$5,995 CASH DUE AT SIGNING

§ New 2019 Jaguar I-PACE S with 36-month lease, $5,995 due at signing includes $4,251 down, $0 security deposit, $895 acquisition fee and first month's payment; excludes retailer fees, taxes, title and registration fees, processing fee and any emission testing charge. Adjusted capitalized cost used in calculating your monthly payment is based on a capitalized cost reduction that includes a $7,500 lease credit for eligible 2019 Jaguar I-PACE vehicles. Actual rates and payments of closed-end lease may vary. Supplies are limited. For well-qualified lessees as determined by approved lender. Eligible customers will receive a $7,500 customer credit toward the lease of this vehicle as part of the Jaguar I-Pace Federal Tax Credit Allowance. All amounts shown are estimates; retailer sets actual amounts. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance, excess wear and excess mileage over 30,000 miles at $0.30/mile. Based on MSRP of $69,500 (excludes destination and handling). Total of lease payments $30,564. Residency restrictions apply. Lessee has option to purchase vehicle at lease end at price negotiated with retailer and approved lender at signing. Termination fee may apply. Customer must take new vehicle delivery from retailer stock by 7/31/2019. Jaguar or approved lender may rescind or amend this offer without notice. Model pictured may vary from offer. See your participating Jaguar Retailer for complete details, or call 1.800.4.JAGUAR / 1.800.452.4827. © 2019 Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:45 PM

What is the sticker price of the SE you're looking at and what do you expect the monthly payment to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
What is the sticker price of the SE you're looking at and what do you expect the monthly payment to be?

The sticker price is about 81.5K. The dealership quoted me 1.5K / month for my downpayment (plus other fees).

I honestly don't know what to expect. Never leased. I have always bought my cars!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
LEASE FOR
$849

PER MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS§
$5,995 CASH DUE AT SIGNING

§ New 2019 Jaguar I-PACE S with 36-month lease, $5,995 due at signing includes $4,251 down, $0 security deposit, $895 acquisition fee and first month's payment; excludes retailer fees, taxes, title and registration fees, processing fee and any emission testing charge. Adjusted capitalized cost used in calculating your monthly payment is based on a capitalized cost reduction that includes a $7,500 lease credit for eligible 2019 Jaguar I-PACE vehicles. Actual rates and payments of closed-end lease may vary. Supplies are limited. For well-qualified lessees as determined by approved lender. Eligible customers will receive a $7,500 customer credit toward the lease of this vehicle as part of the Jaguar I-Pace Federal Tax Credit Allowance. All amounts shown are estimates; retailer sets actual amounts. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance, excess wear and excess mileage over 30,000 miles at $0.30/mile. Based on MSRP of $69,500 (excludes destination and handling). Total of lease payments $30,564. Residency restrictions apply. Lessee has option to purchase vehicle at lease end at price negotiated with retailer and approved lender at signing. Termination fee may apply. Customer must take new vehicle delivery from retailer stock by 7/31/2019. Jaguar or approved lender may rescind or amend this offer without notice. Model pictured may vary from offer. See your participating Jaguar Retailer for complete details, or call 1.800.4.JAGUAR / 1.800.452.4827. © 2019 Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC

Thats not bad. Lower than what I was given. But this is for a S. I am interested in the SE.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

I did see some other threads where others have also been given ridiculously high quotes. I guess this seems to be the norm.

Can anyone share the best lease price that they have got? This is to use as a base for some haggling with the dealership.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:13 PM

The leases on the I-Pace are really bad. I bought mine 2 weeks ago with a sticker price of $93k, and the lease option was $5000 down and $1580 per month with only 10k miles per year. I ended up buying it for $4000 down and $1600 per month. Jaguar is currently offering 0% APR and that makes financing it a pretty sweet deal. Plus when you lease, the $7500 federal tax credit goes to the bank instead of to you.

Just a quick check online shows that a 60 month loan at 0% APR on $85k would be a monthly payment of $1417, which is cheaper than your lease. That's not even counting the $7500 you'll get when you file your taxes.
tnhmp likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:47 PM

EsotericNexus Thanks for the info. My ordered HSE will hit the dealer in 9 days. I'll buy for sure with the 0% APR. Were you able to get them to drop the sticker price?

2020 I-Pace EV400 HSE
Fuji White - Mars Red Ebony/Ebony
Cold Climate Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 6 Spoke Style 6007 Diamond Turned finish
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsotericNexus View Post
Plus when you lease, the $7500 federal tax credit goes to the bank instead of to you.
In the fine print of the lease above, the cap cost of the least is calculated with the $7,500 coming off the top line, so the whole amount goes to the benefit of the lessee (buyer). Depending on your tax situation this could actually be a better deal; when you purchase you only get the full $7,500 if you owe more than that in federal income tax.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhmp View Post
EsotericNexus Thanks for the info. My ordered HSE will hit the dealer in 9 days. I'll buy for sure with the 0% APR. Were you able to get them to drop the sticker price?
2019’s are deeply discounted, I saw one recently advertised $10k off MSRP. Unless money is no object and/or you have really picky tastes on what/what isn’t included, going to a 2020 is nothing more than a sure way to spend extra money.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page