Redo... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
fedorachef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 185
Redo...

If you had the option to buy your I-Pace again, would you change any options?

I'm asking because JLR has offered to buy back or trade my current I-Pace for another I-Pace and I'm thinking over what options I may want different. Currently have a Santorini Black HSE with the light oyster interior w/ demo pack.

For one I want the Corris Grey over black.
I'm thinking maybe Black interior vs oyster because the lighter interior has already started showing jean stain marks.

Adding Fog lights.

Was thinking cold pack but see some are having trouble with windshield with the heated option.

Not sure about anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	850408216_1553639269196.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1565  
fedorachef is online now  
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southwest, Florida USA
Posts: 281
I have the Santorini Black, but have been driving a Corris Grey loaner for almost a month (mine is only in for cosmetic issues and v-e-r-y slow bodyshop, not "problems"). The grey will show less dirt, but to me, grey just "blends in".


As for options, both are FE's so pretty much have everything. Anyone reading this forum knows my first advice is to AVOID the heated windshield. Maybe OK if you live in the cold (where it will have some utility) and rarely drive at night. I don't recall if the full leather wrap of the dash is just part of the FE but it 'completes' the interior for me, along with the suedecloth headliner. Oh, and the 22" wheels - everyone who sees the car comments on the wheels. I have the black interior and love it - never considered white with 2 elementary school kids. The only other big decision is Performance Seats. My loaner has them, my car does not. They look "cooler" (give the interior a more 'sportscar' look), but I really didn't notice enough difference to wish I'd spent the extra $2400 for them.



What other options are you considering?
fedorachef likes this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Santorini Black/Black Window/Grill Trim
Ebony Leather Sport Seats/Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
22" 5069 Carbon Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 12/22/18
dtgsrq is online now  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
If you had the option to buy your I-Pace again, would you change any options?

I'm asking because JLR has offered to buy back or trade my current I-Pace for another I-Pace and I'm thinking over what options I may want different. Currently have a Santorini Black HSE with the light oyster interior w/ demo pack.

For one I want the Corris Grey over black.
I'm thinking maybe Black interior vs oyster because the lighter interior has already started showing jean stain marks.

Adding Fog lights.

Was thinking cold pack but see some are having trouble with windshield with the heated option.

Not sure about anything else.
Man, I wish they would offer to buy mine back!

If I were to buy a second I Pace I would option it the same (I have a FE, so it pretty much comes with it all). There is no way I would skip the cold weather package. The heated windshield is awesome and does not cause me any issues, but others hate it. Definitely drive one with it (at night) to see how you feel about it. I would also want HUD, Adaptive Dynamics, Premium lighting, 4 zone climate, stick with 20” wheels, suedecloth headliner, Meridian sound. Personally I do not want another black interior car for a while (my last 3 cars were black interior and I just need a break from it). I like the Oyster and have not had any issues yet (5800 miles over the winter with 4 kids under the age of 9 in the car most days). I like The Coris Grey, but it is just too common of a color for me (like black, white or silver). I would pick the Caesium Blue or Firenze Red and go with the Sienna Tan interior if not Oyster. I never thought I would like the Sienna Tan until I saw a car with it. It looks great with the Cesium Blue and the Firenze Red. If I were to get a grey, black, silver or white, it would absolutely need the Mars Red interior. I saw a picture of a Cesium Blue with the Mars Red and it just didn’t look right...
YEG-Martin and fedorachef like this.

Last edited by Dantrium; 03-26-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Dantrium is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 322
There is that one special black color - I can't remember the name. It's drop dead gorgeous and looked unreal with the sienna tan leather. I wish I had held out for that combo really..

As much as I love the lock of my 22" wheels, I should have gone with the black 20s.

Also, get the black package - just looks so much cleaner.

I too wish Jaguar would buy my car back buuut probably for different reasons
fedorachef likes this.

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
sgtpeper is online now  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Mister Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
For one I want the Corris Grey over black.
I'm thinking maybe Black interior vs oyster because the lighter interior has already started showing jean stain marks.
Definitely, unless you enjoy cleaning and re-dying seat leather. Jeans and belts will transfer dye to light colored leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Was thinking cold pack but see some are having trouble with windshield with the heated option.
IIRC from when I went through the online configurator, you can get the heated steering wheel, seats and such without a heated windshield. Check it out.
fedorachef likes this.
Mister Dave is online now  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
Definitely, unless you enjoy cleaning and re-dying seat leather. Jeans and belts will transfer dye to light colored leather.
I have had 4 previous cars with light interior leather and never had an issue with any of them. One of them was a 1981 Dodge Mirada with white leather & ~120,000 miles on it. the leather cracked/wore through in a couple spots, but no stains. I put over 100000 on a little Volvo V50 and no stains either. My car's Oyster seats are holding up well so far with 4 kids (9,8,5 & 3) over the past 4 months & 5800 miles.

However, a friend of mine has a 2017 XC90 with jean marks in less than 10000 miles and of course the OP indicated he already had jean marks on his seats...so it can happen, but not definitely.
Dantrium is online now  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southwest, Florida USA
Posts: 281
One way to go would be to opt for the most comprehensive appearance protection package, it should cover staining/dye transfer onto the oyster leather seats, should that ever become an issue.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Santorini Black/Black Window/Grill Trim
Ebony Leather Sport Seats/Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
22" 5069 Carbon Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 12/22/18
dtgsrq is online now  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Mister Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
However, a friend of mine has a 2017 XC90 with jean marks in less than 10000 miles and of course the OP indicated he already had jean marks on his seats...so it can happen, but not definitely.
That wasn't what I meant. Definitely get the dark leather. Though in this case the other meaning applies too, definitely.


Lots more here: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+leather+seats
Mister Dave is online now  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
fedorachef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I have the Santorini Black, but have been driving a Corris Grey loaner for almost a month (mine is only in for cosmetic issues and v-e-r-y slow bodyshop, not "problems"). The grey will show less dirt, but to me, grey just "blends in".


As for options, both are FE's so pretty much have everything. Anyone reading this forum knows my first advice is to AVOID the heated windshield. Maybe OK if you live in the cold (where it will have some utility) and rarely drive at night. I don't recall if the full leather wrap of the dash is just part of the FE but it 'completes' the interior for me, along with the suedecloth headliner. Oh, and the 22" wheels - everyone who sees the car comments on the wheels. I have the black interior and love it - never considered white with 2 elementary school kids. The only other big decision is Performance Seats. My loaner has them, my car does not. They look "cooler" (give the interior a more 'sportscar' look), but I really didn't notice enough difference to wish I'd spent the extra $2400 for them.



What other options are you considering?
Yea the black right now is tough to keep clean. It looks great when it is, but quickly shows dirt right after wash. Also feel like it attracts more heat. Also why I was thinking of sticking for lighter color seats because of the heat, but maybe with tinted windows it won't matter too much.

I love the 22" rims, but am concerned about how they will affect range. I already feel the range isn't the greatest. Good call on the full leather wrap.

Other options I guess would be carbon fiber trim inside and out. Not sure if it warrants the hefty price tag.
fedorachef is online now  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
fedorachef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
One way to go would be to opt for the most comprehensive appearance protection package, it should cover staining/dye transfer onto the oyster leather seats, should that ever become an issue.
With my current I-Pace I did have the dealer apply their protection called Smartshield. Have no idea how good it is compared to others, but I can tell you it definitely did not help with preventing stains.
fedorachef is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome