Redo... - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Thanks for the feedback and from the pic that color looks awesome. I'm going to see if I can find one in that color. I agree with you on the oyster interior just wonder why I have so much jean staining even with the protection the dealer installed. Maybe their product, Smartshield isn't good.
Thanks for the compliment. I originally spotted the color when I saw a photo of some guy who I believe is quite famous stepping into a silicon silver iPace which he had as a loaner apparently (see the picture below). I am told he then went on to buy his own but since he isn't short of money and will one day inherit a kingdom when his ma dies, he went for one in Loire Blue which is a color that iPaces are not normally supplied in. I rather liked the Loire Blue too but was told it would cost another $12,000 or so if I spec'd it especially, so silicon silver it was.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 20.59.46.png
Views:	134
Size:	463.4 KB
ID:	1581  
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB View Post
Thanks for the compliment. I originally spotted the color when I saw a photo of some guy who I believe is quite famous stepping into a silicon silver iPace which he had as a loaner apparently (see the picture below). I am told he then went on to buy his own but since he isn't short of money and will one day inherit a kingdom when his ma dies, he went for one in Loire Blue which is a color that iPaces are not normally supplied in. I rather liked the Loire Blue too but was told it would cost another $12,000 or so if I spec'd it especially, so silicon silver it was.
Haha, nice!
Does the color have a gold or champagne tint to it? The dealer I'm working with is looking for one.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 10:59 AM

I would het heads up display and the option to change the interior lighting color. I would have also chosen grey instead of white.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 02:20 PM

I have a FE Corris Grey, with Black interior, non-performance seats, and 20Ē wheels. I recall a reviewer stating that his blue jeans left stains on the white seats of the I-Pace he was reviewing. At times, Iíve regretted not getting 22Ē with summer performance tires, but the 20Ē are still great and do provide a more wife compliant ride. My other toy has low profile tires and wife hates the ride. The grey does blend in with the other majority of silver/black/grey vehicles on the road, which is perfectly fine for me, especially the times when my right foot gets a little over active. The front half of the dash is full leather wrapped with deviated stitching. The heated front window is great, especially useful to help clear off morning dew. The imbedded wires in the glass are not a problem for me, either during the day or at night. On the other hand, I typically wear polarized sunglasses during the day, which may mitigate the starry glare some readers have complained of. Polarized glasses adversely impact the readability of the HUD. Iíve only used the assisted steering with ACC a few times, but I simply prefer to drive without it activated. Note, Iíve rarely used the cruise control feature on my cars through my entire life.

Must haves: air suspension, adaptive dynamic ride suspension, powered lift gate, HUD, Premium lighting, 4 zone climate, suedecloth headliner, Meridian sound, cold package.

I also purchased wheel and tire, as well as, dent, glass, interior insurance. The cost of the latter was about twice what it would cost a pointless dent professional to remove 1 or 2 door dings, so I thought it was worth the cost. So far (knock on wood), I havenít needed to use either insurance policy.

I-Pace FE, Corris Gray, 20" rims
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishball View Post
I have a FE Corris Grey, with Black interior, non-performance seats, and 20Ē wheels. I recall a reviewer stating that his blue jeans left stains on the white seats of the I-Pace he was reviewing. At times, Iíve regretted not getting 22Ē with summer performance tires, but the 20Ē are still great and do provide a more wife compliant ride. My other toy has low profile tires and wife hates the ride. The grey does blend in with the other majority of silver/black/grey vehicles on the road, which is perfectly fine for me, especially the times when my right foot gets a little over active. The front half of the dash is full leather wrapped with deviated stitching. The heated front window is great, especially useful to help clear off morning dew. The imbedded wires in the glass are not a problem for me, either during the day or at night. On the other hand, I typically wear polarized sunglasses during the day, which may mitigate the starry glare some readers have complained of. Polarized glasses adversely impact the readability of the HUD. Iíve only used the assisted steering with ACC a few times, but I simply prefer to drive without it activated. Note, Iíve rarely used the cruise control feature on my cars through my entire life.

Must haves: air suspension, adaptive dynamic ride suspension, powered lift gate, HUD, Premium lighting, 4 zone climate, suedecloth headliner, Meridian sound, cold package.

I also purchased wheel and tire, as well as, dent, glass, interior insurance. The cost of the latter was about twice what it would cost a pointless dent professional to remove 1 or 2 door dings, so I thought it was worth the cost. So far (knock on wood), I havenít needed to use either insurance policy.

I really wish they made the full leather (Dash, doors) & The Alcantara headliner standard on this car. I gives it such a more luxurious feel

2019 HSE Ceasium Blue/oyster, 5068 wheels
April 2019 build date
Southern California, USA
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
I really wish they made the full leather (Dash, doors) & The Alcantara headliner standard on this car. I gives it such a more luxurious feel
Itís standard on FE editions, and I really like it. Agree that it makes the car more luxurious.

I-Pace FE, Corris Gray, 20" rims
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishball View Post
Itís standard on FE editions, and I really like it. Agree that it makes the car more luxurious.

YEs, the FE has almost all options and its a bargain IMO

I meant it should be standard when you get the Windsor leather option. Most dealers wont spec out their inventory with $2400 in extra options that they feel people wont even notice
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 HSE Ceasium Blue/oyster, 5068 wheels
April 2019 build date
Southern California, USA
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 04:36 PM

I have most options, but the only thing I wish I had was the heated steering wheel. My last 2 Range Rovers and 3 BMWs had it and I actually like it more than heated seats.

I had to have Indus Silver with Ebony Windsor leather and white stitching....so I made sure I got that! I have many times in the past compromised on colour, and it eats a little at you every day!
PS702 likes this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 10:03 PM

I looked hard to find a Jag with heated seats, but without the heated windshield. I found 1 in Yulong White. We had electric wire seat heaters in our Ford Focus Electric and BMW X5 40e PlginHyb and we loved them, plus they are very efficient compared to heating the car with the water resistance heaters in the HVAC system. Surprise! The Jag doesn't have efficient electric wire seat heaters, it has HVAC ventilation blowing heaters, blowing warm wasteful air under the seats . What a waste and the owners manual shares that conclusion!
Give the USA cars the ability to get a Jag(like in the UK) without the heavy hot glass sunroof.
I would love to have a Jag without the tiny push button for opening the locked doors. Change it to a touch handle to unlock.
Give me a factory installed 1 1/4" receiver trailer hitch.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trielectric View Post
The Jag doesn't have efficient electric wire seat heaters, it has HVAC ventilation blowing heaters, blowing warm wasteful air under the seats
The seat heaters don't take much energy, and at any rate this design is now quite common because it allows heated and cooled seats.
Deutsch100 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page