Zero % financing from Jaguar - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:08 PM

Low Sales? (Poor local advertising/knowledge)

I seen the 0% news also.

Surprised at that. Feels like-a desperate act. And... makes me think for the first time about my choice.

I bought a completely laid out SE addition in November. I have not had one iota of problem. There was a very, very short Learning curve on the charging procedure. But it was mostly user and not anything else. But here’s the thing, although I didn’t want to see the I-Pace coming and going all the time. I wanted to have something somewhat unique. On the other hand I didn’t expect to go from November to late February and only see one in Colorado. I’m sure there have been others sold. But it makes me wonder. I went to a charging station today and there was a Tesla 3 also getting charged. For the first time, I had to admit to myself that I thought the Tesla look pretty good and it made me reconsider. When I take that, and add to the “now we’re giving you the car @ 0% interest, it bothers me a bit.

Again, I have not had ANY problems at all. Never even close to running out of energy, and the home 220-240-volt setup is just great (ChargePoint). But I don’t want to look up—say in a year from now—and have a vehicle that is abandoned by the manufacture or unable to get routine service.

And it is true. Sales persons seem to have very little knowledge and/or understanding of the I-Pace. MOST ALL OF US HERE KNOW FAR MORE THAN ANY OF THEM.

The Tesla 3 does look sleek.

Last edited by rightslot; 02-17-2019 at 03:10 PM.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:44 PM

I'm also in Colorado! Denver. I have yet to see another IPace on the road either.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 10:32 PM

@rightslot : I beg to differ, after owning the I Pace 4 days it is growing on me as a great car. The model 3 is nowhere in the same league, in looks, interior or performance. I wouldnt spend my money on the AWD MODEL 3, its not worth it.

We are all entitled to our opinions.
sciencegeek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:11 AM
Jag

I have yet to see anyone driving another i-pace in my area, but that doesn’t concern me. I was also one of the early adopters of the f-pace as well. Eventually others were sold nearby.

0% is surprising considering that sales seem to be good for a brand new model. Ah well, I would have liked 0% but I have no regrets about my purchase. I have had the car for 3 months and it is by far the most amazing vehicle I have ever owned.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:42 PM

I think JLR's design and engineering team created a GREAT car but left sales and marketing out to dry... little to no advertising, little to no dealer training, about all they did right was beat the other luxury players (Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, etc.) to market, but to most people the I-Pace is a well-kept secret. The 0% financing simply appears to be a last-ditch effort to spice up sales at a traditionally awful time of year for car sales. Remember, too, that JLR typically does model year changeovers earlier than the U.S. (for Europe), so this may also be an attempt to help move the MY2019 inventory to make room for MY2020 coming late spring. I'm told not much change coming to the I-Pace for MY2020, so if you haven't bought yet, holding out for a 'improved version' doesn't look to offer much benefit.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:56 PM

Most people seem to like the car but think it's the new E-Pace (since that name would make more sense here) and think it's the attractive baby brother to the F-Pace.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
I'm also in Colorado! Denver. I have yet to see another IPace on the road either.
I keep my eyes open when driving about in the Denver area, but not yet.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 PM

Well ****! In November we had ordered an i-pace for March/April delivery but the ridiculous lease rates scared us away. Leased another f-type instead hoping the dust would settle in 3 years when wed happily reconsider an i-pace again. Were following this forum with that in mind. Glad to hear most of you are enjoying your new rides.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreinho View Post
Well ****! In November we had ordered an i-pace for March/April delivery but the ridiculous lease rates scared us away. Leased another f-type instead hoping the dust would settle in 3 years when wed happily reconsider an i-pace again. Were following this forum with that in mind. Glad to hear most of you are enjoying your new rides.
This is KATATONIC I too was frightened by the lease price of the I Pace and ended up with the F Pace S made sense and at half the price. Have 2000 miles with no issues. I'm going to circle back to the dealer and ask about the zero financing roomer.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
I'm going to circle back to the dealer and ask about the zero financing roomer.
Not a rumor, it is on the JLR USA website...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page