Seat sensor delays & timing - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Seat sensor delays & timing

Iím still waiting to hear from JLR corporate. Stopped in at dealer Christmas Eve and they said they would be expecting a reply from JLR today. Iíve read that others with the same issue had already taken delivery (or maybe a different car?). So it seems, the dealers are frustrated with JLR also.😘
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:27 AM

FWIW - our experience in Los Angeles area - car arrived at port on 11/27, was told of seat sensor issue on 12/6, told that parts arrived on 12/20, picked up car on 12/23.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 12:05 PM

Mine arrived at the port north of L.A. on 12/16 ... it made it to Scottsdale on 12/24. Perhaps, mine was built later & without the sensor problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Posted this in another that my dealer said mine would be in Friday or Saturday. Theyíre really testing the 2018 taken delivery date!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 10:41 PM

Good luck. I have a picture of mine sitting in Scottsdale. So, I think I'm safe - provided my flight back there on Monday doesn't get cancelled.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Updates on delivery from Brunswick

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgroce View Post
Iím still waiting to hear from JLR corporate. Stopped in at dealer Christmas Eve and they said they would be expecting a reply from JLR today. Iíve read that others with the same issue had already taken delivery (or maybe a different car?). So it seems, the dealers are frustrated with JLR also.😘
Well I just had a voice mail from JLR Corporate. The latest info she had was from the 24th, todays the 28th. She had passed the info on to the dealer also, lol! So from what Iím seeing itís not that the dealers are complete slackers, but maybe corporate is. If thatís the case, why havenít I just cancelled the order.

Just got a text from the dealer saying if they get it tomorrow, Iíll get it Monday and in time for the tax credit. I like texting, itís so much easier to send mad imojos.

Patience is wearing thin guys.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:57 PM

Patience is wearing thin here too! Suppose I should relax a bit, but the car was built on 11/30 and STILL is not assigned a ship. I asked the dealer if maybe it is true they are holding US bound cars, but they said they have some crossing the pond now. So, no. Not holding cars. Was told they probably need to "fill" the boat. hmmmmm. Well, maybe so. I am calling the dealer tomorrow on other business (F-Pace), so will inquire again. Anyone else is this proverbial boat?? I can say that I am not happy the car is sitting out in the weather somewhere for a month already. At least they haven't changed the delivery date with me yet. Still holding for 2/1. Also, any chance the EPA shutdown will affect car release from port to dealer? The EPA was instrumental in holding my FPace at port a year and a half ago in port for a month.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:11 PM

Unless you are past the actual delivery date.... try to have faith that JLR does actually want to get you the vehicle and their money asap. There is no incentive to delay.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
Unless you are past the actual delivery date.... try to have faith that JLR does actually want to get you the vehicle and their money asap. There is no incentive to delay.
They're more motivated by what rival companies are up to and will need to get their process in line before Audi, Mercedes and BMW step it up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page