Oreo Cookie Anyone? - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 06:04 PM

dtgsrq - really sorry to hear of the JLR screw up of your headliner choice. I have seen an all-black I-Pace with black suedecloth headliner; extended leather in black; suedecloth steering wheel and black exterior pack. Basically an all black vehicle.

On the extended leather upgrade. Based on the Dealer Order Guide the dash upper is leather but it is never Oyster color (light) since that would cause reflection. An Oyster interior with extended leather gets a black leather dash but Oyster leather door uppers. I say this not having my vehicle yet; and I hope this is the way it comes!

Porsche Macan GTS
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Update #2. Less than 24hrs later and I'm now the proud OWNER (not reservation holder) of a 2019 i-Pace FE.

Crown Jaguar in St. Petersburg (that's the one in the U.S. for non-Floridians) had a triple black FE, 22" 5069s, EVERYTHING (well, had to accept non-blacked grill trim (changeable) and no cooled glovebox, which I had ordered believe it or not). Other than that IT had all I ordered and a few more upgrades (suede headliner, full leather wrap, HUD, 4-zone, etc.). It was ordered for customer who ended up getting ill, so it just got released to inventory yesterday. I snapped it up this afternoon. Between this car falling into my lap (after yesterday's debacle on my originally ordered build) and my custom "IPACE" plate arriving last week, the car gods have been smiling on me. Let's just hope that continues.
Put my first 100 mi on it driving home (1 hour on the freeway) plus taking the wife out tonight. Drives like a dream, no issues yet, but I haven't touched a single setting! Dealer is sending a "trainer" out as soon as I can arrange a time. They even included concierge program so I'll never have to drive to dealer for maintenance (55 min each way). I've never thought much of which dealer I bought from... until today. They were INCREDIBLE, AWESOME, and KNOWLEDGEABLE. Only their 3rd i-Pace they've delivered but you'd never know it. Anyone in the U.S. (they sell everywhere, including Hawaii, and have won Jaguar Quality award for like 9 years straight) should consider buying at Crown Jaguar St. Petersburg! (FYI, they just got in a Corris Grey i-Pace FE today (it got parked right where mine got parked last night, but then was removed - for me - today). Almost all options - MSRP $90k.)
I think I'll be in the garage 'tinkering' until late tonight... lots to learn now that its in my hands!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4346-1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	907   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4345-1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	909  
McRat, bruintoo, Dantrium and 1 others like this.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 10:12 PM

Niiiiiice!! Congrats!

Love the bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:53 AM

Congrats, Im envious. Im still waiting.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:03 AM

Looks awesome!!

What interior is in the Corris Grey one? Which wheels? I have my dealer trying to find me a black or corris grey loaded HSE or FE - but has to have black seats.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Looks awesome!!

What interior is in the Corris Grey one? Which wheels? I have my dealer trying to find me a black or corris grey loaded HSE or FE - but has to have black seats.
If you haven’t looked at Jaguar USA for inventory, you should. There are currently 321 cars listed, about 2/3 are black or grey, 12 within 500km of Denver, including a Corris Grey FE with ebony interior in SLC...fly over and drive it home tomorrow
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:33 AM

Thanks. My dealer has been so nice, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and let them reach out to dealers with cars I want. So, far they haven't been able to snag one for me.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:45 PM

Outstanding. I had a similar experience not long ago, and got some upgrades I didn't know I needed.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 05:37 PM

Beautiful in the Corliss Grey. That was my second choice color. It really shows well in the dealer light. Do you find the 22 wheels provide a comfortable ride?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, not trying to evoke any jealousy, just giving hope to others that might be waiting or heaven forbid, experience the order screw-up I did. The Coriss Grey i-Pace at Crown Jaguar was FE all black interior (I think also had full leather wrap-black), 22" 5069-style wheels, for anyone interested. As of this post they have 2 FE builds on their website.

I'm coming from a Mercedes GL (3rd in 11 years, after 2 MLs before that), so the ride is MUCH smoother and more solid (no body sway) than those "trucks". I haven't even touched any of the suspension settings yet (I'm only up to 158mi on the car) but am VERY pleased with the ride. The 22" wheels are just so badass looking - I think they make the car complete as a sportscar-SUV 'crossover'. I was driving alongside a Tesla X on the freeway today, and after experiencing my own i-Pace in person now for 24 hours, getting in and out for many 'errands' (some more necessary than others ;-), looking from every angle and light source... the X is just even more bland looking in comparison. I-Pace build quality is great - opening and closing all doors, glovebox, center console compartment, sunglass storage, windows, trunk, frunk - all moving parts are sound - even love the heavy thud the doors make when closing - no issues at all related to component quality, panel gaps, rattling, looseness - nothing. Also I do believe the suede headliner helps keep the car even quieter than the morzine. My only quality issue at all so far is that I don't think the stitching quality in the rear seats is as good as the front seats and dash. Not awful, but the front seats and dash (full leather wrap) are so perfect I did notice the rear seats were less so.

Gotta tackle my Level 2 charger installation tonight. I tried the Level 1 charger that comes with the car last night... in 10 hours it only went from 60% to 70%, so about 1% per hour (2 mi/hour). Pretty worthless, frankly. I had a NEMA 6-50 plug installed in my garage for my (still in box) ChargePoint Home 25, so just have to wall mount the ChargePoint unit and plug in. Now where did I leave my drill....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page