First customer in Austin TX

Ordered in June
First Allocation for Austin = 2
Original advised date for delivery = Sept
No changes = July, order number supplied
Delivery date push-back = Sept > Oct > Nov

Can’t wait for my HSE!
Couple of key call out why they cannot let it go beyond December

1) $7500 credit in USA applied when filing taxes customers would have to wait 1yr + if delivery in Jan to recoup

2) the state of Texas has $2500 incentive which is limited to 2000 EV cars they’d be crazy not to be part of this 7m$ giveaway likely used by Jan due to cheaper volume sales (check your state for 2018 vs 2019 incentives)

3) interest rates, being quoted 2.1 to 2.7 right now for 66 months (CU) interest rates are looking like 3-4% come Jan in US

4) 2019 charging equipment incentives possibly reduced vs 2018 government rebates federal and state

Jaguar customers in 2018 will get the best deal over 2019 customers no doubt! Let’s just hope they deliver this beautiful car in 2018 for us all
post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

FYI for fellow Texans rebate info https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 01:32 PM

Sweet. Keep us posted with lots of pics and video.

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:08 AM

Unless you get word directly from Jaguar themselves, don't put too much faith in what your dealer rep tells you. On previous purchases from Jaguar, my deliver/handover date bounced around like this quite a bit, but at the end of the day, I ended up getting the car a month or two before the initial date my order stated. And, my dealer was telling me I wouldn't get my car until August up until about a week before it showed up in May(long after it had been manufactured and shipped via ocean freight).
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 10:31 AM

That's great! I also ordered in June but at the end of the month. When did you order and did you order from Jaguar Austin?
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Ordered mid June. I spoke with Jaguar directly the provided this response ..

Me: @JaguarUSA @Jaguar can you define prioritizing? #delays to #IPace all-electric SUV deliveries, automaker says it is 'prioritizing https://electrek.co/2018/07/26/jaguar-i-pace-delay/ Fed & State 2018 vs 2019 government electric incentives a worry

Jaguar response: For the U.S., retailer launch stock begin arriving in October and customer ordered vehicles will begin to arrive in November. Local retailers will have the latest information on individual orders.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 06:48 PM

Just in time for winter for some of us. That being the case I expect to see a lot of talk about winter prep which can never been enough, especially when it gets to the topic of winter tires.

Have you guys looked into winter tires as yet?
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Guy

What are the tire size on these? 18” and 20”?

Thanks,
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

I went for the 20” style 5070 - had to add head up display.. I would have purchased first edition but couldn’t justify heated seats luxury leather (with kids) and off road addons especially in Texas 😂
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTXUSA-IPACE View Post
Ordered mid June. I spoke with Jaguar directly the provided this response ..

Me: @JaguarUSA @Jaguar can you define prioritizing? #delays to #IPace all-electric SUV deliveries, automaker says it is 'prioritizing https://electrek.co/2018/07/26/jaguar-i-pace-delay/ Fed & State 2018 vs 2019 government electric incentives a worry

Jaguar response: For the U.S., retailer launch stock begin arriving in October and customer ordered vehicles will begin to arrive in November. Local retailers will have the latest information on individual orders.
Heard anything from the dealer about them getting their initial allocation? I ordered late June.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page