First customer in Austin TX - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:45 PM

Any chance you can share leasing prices or do you not have them yet? Trying to get an idea where I can land price wise.
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Not leasing, buying. Using credit union 2.25% current best rate, though interest raises expected x2 this year End of Sept and December in US, CU offers 60 day lock in but its difficult to predict when to lock in based on unknown delivery date at this stage. State of Texas $2500 rebate based on volume of sales and drawing down on a $7m government fund (so if Jan likely still applicable) the pain will be if Jan then $7500 federal won’t be returned to me until 2020 tax season as opposed to 2019 tax filing. With a lease they bake in the $7500 least that’s what I’ve read but I’ve leased before getting out of it is a bitch.
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTXUSA-IPACE View Post
Not leasing, buying. Using credit union 2.25% current best rate, though interest raises expected x2 this year End of Sept and December in US, CU offers 60 day lock in but its difficult to predict when to lock in based on unknown delivery date at this stage. State of Texas $2500 rebate based on volume of sales and drawing down on a $7m government fund (so if Jan likely still applicable) the pain will be if Jan then $7500 federal wonít be returned to me until 2020 tax season as opposed to 2019 tax filing. With a lease they bake in the $7500 least thatís what Iíve read but Iíve leased before getting out of it is a bitch.
if they match the F-Pace rollout, the lease rates they'll offer for people who pre-ordered will be obscene. So be prepared.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 06:16 PM

Any bending of price on the I-Pace or is this MSRP only during the roll out?
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Quote:
Not leasing, buying. Using credit union 2.25% current best rate, though interest raises expected x2 this year End of Sept and December in US, CU offers 60 day lock in but its difficult to predict when to lock in based on unknown delivery date at this stage. State of Texas $2500 rebate based on volume of sales and drawing down on a $7m government fund (so if Jan likely still applicable) the pain will be if Jan then $7500 federal won’t be returned to me until 2020 tax season as opposed to 2019 tax filing. With a lease they bake in the $7500 least that’s what I’ve read but I’ve leased before getting out of it is a bitch.
if they match the F-Pace rollout, the lease rates they'll offer for people who pre-ordered will be obscene. So be prepared.
MSRP & FPACE come on chaps, they will not be desperate to shift these cause they can’t, they’re gonna be desperate to build them fast enough to keep up with demand.
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
Any bending of price on the I-Pace or is this MSRP only during the roll out?
Give it a try and I’m sure you’ll get your answer, demand defines price, from what I’m reading y’all be lucky to get one before Feb if you haven’t already reserved. Global demand. When did Apple or Tesla reduce their prices? This is no Prius.
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Not leasing, buying. Using credit union 2.25% current best rate, though interest raises expected x2 this year End of Sept and December in US, CU offers 60 day lock in but its difficult to predict when to lock in based on unknown delivery date at this stage. State of Texas $2500 rebate based on volume of sales and drawing down on a $7m government fund (so if Jan likely still applicable) the pain will be if Jan then $7500 federal wonít be returned to me until 2020 tax season as opposed to 2019 tax filing. With a lease they bake in the $7500 least thatís what Iíve read but Iíve leased before getting out of it is a bitch.
Watch out... Jaguar Austin doesnít except outside financing. Unless you pay cash, you have to use their financing to purchase.
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 11:18 AM

That is straight up BS. I wouldn't buy from that dealership.
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KranZ View Post
Watch out... Jaguar Austin doesnít except outside financing. Unless you pay cash, you have to use their financing to purchase.

Although I certainly cannot offer any legal advice, it's possible such actions would constitute an illegal boycott or tying (e.g., to purchase our vehicle (with financing) you must also purchase our financing). If you do not want to raise a direct challenge, simply inform your local bank / credit union and see if they are willing to lend their influence in the face of a boycott of their products.
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KranZ View Post
No way that is true. Maybe they don't like taking it, but if you hand them a cashiers check from a bank, there is no way they can deny it.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page