Buying or Leasing? - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro View Post
Just got done talking to my dealer. My car is built, on the boat, past the panama canal about 3 weeks from delivery. Very unsure if I am going to go thru with this deal. I was Very unhappy to find out that the lease deal on my fully loaded 85k HSE --just plain stinks. The money factor is thru the roof at .00349 and the residual sucks at 44%. At 10k miles, for a 36 month lease I am looking at 1500.00 a month. I can lease a Tesla S, 75D with a 77,000.00 msrp for 900.00 a month for the same terms. This I Pace lease should be in the ballpark of 1000-1100.00,(even that is High) but they are offering No incentives what so ever. They also told me this lease was With the 7500.00 federal rebate coming off the MSRP. I am paying full price for the car. You would think that for being the Guinea Pig and buying an untested, unknown, car there should at least be SOME attempt by Jaguar to be competitive. Not asking for a Deal-just asking them to be competitive. They seem to think getting an extra 21,600.00 more than Tesla over 3 years is something customers will be happy to do. The lease was so bad, I thought about buying the car. Again Jaguar is a no-go. They offer rate incentives on most of their other cars from 1.9% for 36 months to 2.3% for 48 months. No Rate Incentives on the I pace though. They told me the credit union is my best bet at 3.75%

FYI be forewarned! unless your paying all cash for an I Pace you will be paying out your nose. Maybe Jaguar never heard the old saying, pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered. Electro
Yikes. That's bad. Wonder whatever happened to this projected residual values from AutoExpress UK (???):
I-Pace Residual Values (3-year, 30K miles/year):
S 55.8%
SE 55.1%
HSE 54.7%
First Edition 54.8%
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 PM

I've found leasing my A3 to be incredibly stressful at first .. and then just continuous unease about the fact that if I put in a dent or scratch it, I will be penalized significantly when I return it. I really don't like leasing :/
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
I've found leasing my A3 to be incredibly stressful at first .. and then just continuous unease about the fact that if I put in a dent or scratch it, I will be penalized significantly when I return it. I really don't like leasing :/
The residual on my 2016 A3 e-tron is 50% (49.99999...) and the money factor is 0.00241.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:38 PM

I plan to purchase and borrow the money from a CU or bank. Any lease or finance deal is a year+ out in my opinion.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:31 AM

It's pretty much impossible to get a good lease deal on a brand new model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page