Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - Tire repair system
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 04:53 PM
Dantrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECP View Post
I have had 2 flats in the last five years. Neither would have been repairable with a kit. AAA replaced with my spare and I was on my way.

from the AAA website:
ORLANDO, Fla. (November 11, 2015) – Automakers’ decision to eliminate the spare tire may leave more than 30 million drivers vulnerable at the roadside, according to new research from AAA. Tire inflator kits, a high-cost alternative for consumers, have replaced the spare tire in millions of vehicles over the last 10 model years and, due to their limited functionality, cannot provide even a temporary fix for many common tire-related problems. AAA calls on automakers to put consumer interests first and halt the elimination of the spare tire.
Additional Resources
Fact Sheet
Images
“Flat tires are not a disappearing problem, but spare tires are,” said John Nielsen, AAA’s managing director of Automotive Engineering and Repair. “AAA responds to more than four million calls for flat tire assistance annually and, despite advances in vehicle technology, we have not seen a decline in tire-related calls over the last five years.”
You can buy a spare tire for the I-Pace if it is an important piece of equipment for you.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome