Tesla, King of SOTA needs hardware update - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 11Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-13-2020, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Almost a year ago, when I was researching EVs, lots of Tesla marketing drivatives outlet on YouTube and web made fun of Jaguar when it had a break recall on its first ever EV, now Tesla's well matured SUV has a recall of its own.

I know it happens to all car manufacturers but they should not have acted as every issue could be solved by SOTA.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...Partner-Google
Deutsch100 likes this.

Narvik Black HSE, all options including carbon fiber.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-13-2020, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

It's inevitable. Cars are hardware after all.
jsimon7777, epirali and Deutsch100 like this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-13-2020, 02:15 AM

Tesla addressed this same power steering bolts possible corrosion issue with a recall of 123,000 Model S units in 2018.
Deutsch100 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-13-2020, 01:28 PM

@SeanM1 : we do need to differentiate third party/Tesla fan comments from the manufacturer themselves. I don't think Tesla posted these comments did they?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-13-2020, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
@SeanM1 : we do need to differentiate third party/Tesla fan comments from the manufacturer themselves. I don't think Tesla posted these comments did they?
Its their derivative marketing that made it like everything can be fixed by SOTA. I just wanted to point out that is not the case.
So it's ok to have a recall. It's hard to create a perfect car. It's nothing shameful and it can happen to any manufacturer including the king of SOTA.
Deutsch100 likes this.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-14-2020, 04:08 AM

Sean; I don't know if you are playing dumb or are dumb but surely you know that only software can be done OTA and you can't get brakes and tyres and bolts etc teletransported over the air..........!

OK so Elon may be working on it - you know decompose items and transport by internet and then re-assemble (and fit?) at the destination. That woudl be cool but a bit sci-fi
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-14-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyDreaming View Post
Sean; I don't know if you are playing dumb or are dumb but surely you know that only software can be done OTA and you can't get brakes and tyres and bolts etc teletransported over the air..........!

OK so Elon may be working on it - you know decompose items and transport by internet and then re-assemble (and fit?) at the destination. That woudl be cool but a bit sci-fi
I think Sean's point is the opposite of what you think. He said that Tesla marketing makes it appear that everything can be fixed via SOTA when it indeed cannot - hence the recall.
rcomeau, JHock and Deutsch100 like this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-14-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:

Capt Kirk and his buddies managed it long ago. Why not?
Another nail in the coffin of automechanics.🙂
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-14-2020, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings2 View Post
Quote:

I think Sean's point is the opposite of what you think. He said that Tesla marketing makes it appear that everything can be fixed via SOTA when it indeed cannot - hence the recall.
Thank you @CurtSprings2 .

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Unread 02-14-2020, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

@GuyDreaming , maybe you should read the post first before making comments.
I think users on this forum now know who is the dumb one.

Anytime a car manufacturer thinks it is necessary to have a recall for good reason or to save lives then they should do it. There is nothing wrong with such action.

Last edited by SeanM1; 02-14-2020 at 10:33 PM.