7Likes
  • 2 Post By Sbingham60
  • 2 Post By Sbingham60
  • 2 Post By tina_w
  • 1 Post By Ayepace

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Sirius XM preset favorites info...?

Can anyone point me to a detailed explanation of the Sirius XM interface on our I Pace entertainment interface?

I guess the little circle star selections seem to have an enhanced function with a double touch, for storing a few song selections back in time. Just wildly choosing that found it was an extremely limited number of channels, with new ones dropping others off the list. How many can take that extra function, and how many can you have without that function?

I'm clumsily figuring a few things out (still! it's embarrassing!), but I could use a tutorial, and I haven't seen one in the manual.

Like re-ordering favorites in the list. I accidentally got one to show first, without any idea how that happened. TIA.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Can anyone point me to a detailed explanation of the Sirius XM interface on our I Pace entertainment interface?

I guess the little circle star selections seem to have an enhanced function with a double touch, for storing a few song selections back in time. Just wildly choosing that found it was an extremely limited number of channels, with new ones dropping others off the list. How many can take that extra function, and how many can you have without that function?

I'm clumsily figuring a few things out (still! it's embarrassing!), but I could use a tutorial, and I haven't seen one in the manual.

Like re-ordering favorites in the list. I accidentally got one to show first, without any idea how that happened. TIA.
I'd first start by going to SiriusXM to pull down the channel list in order get an idea of what you want.
When you set favorites in SiriusXM, the favorites toggle through in the order they were set, not in the numeric order of the channel. Fortunately SiriusXM mostly groups the channel numbers by Genre.
When you open SiriusXM as the source, you can use the Tune Bar below the channel number to move up and down the channels. When you find a channel you want, press the Star icon to save it as a favorite.
Once you have set all your favorites, you can move through them using several options. I tend to use the Steering wheel control, left hand side, and move up and down using the left or right arrows.
You will also see a Favorites bar at the bottom of the screen, which shows three channels at a time. You can press the left or right arrow to see more favorites, then press the one you want. This can be a big distraction when driving, which is why the steering wheel control works best for me.

The only way I could find to reorder the favorites is to unset the favorites by clicking on the Star icon to unset it. Then add the favorites back in using the order I prefer. Not sure if anyone else has found a simpler method.

I'm not sure what you mean about the "little circle star". If you are talking about the icons that are on either end of the progress bar (line), just below the channel number, those will allow you to skip forward and backward, just like dragging the progress bar. The caveat is that the progress starts when you get to a channel. You can't go back 10 seconds when you initially tune to a channel. I don't know how much time is stored for you to go back, but I've scrolled back at least 2 minutes to listen to a song where I got interrupted by something else.
LauderdaleFE and Deutsch100 like this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the explanation.

So, is the last selected favorite put on top of the list? (Last in, first?)

That seems to be the only way to explain what I saw occur.

Still looking for the number limit on favorites.

Delivered 2/22/19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation.

So, is the last selected favorite put on top of the list? (Last in, first?)

That seems to be the only way to explain what I saw occur.

For me that newest favorite is added to the end of the list.
Say I have channel 5, 6, 8, and 10. If I come back and add channel 7, my lineup is 5, 6, 8, 10, 7 when I toggle through.
LauderdaleFE and Deutsch100 like this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
plus a few extras
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:

There are two separate features at play.

Star (by itself, no circle) means it's in your favorites list, just as explained above. I haven't found a limit to the number of favorites you can have.

Star with a circle around it means that it's in your favorites list, sure, but the car also stores what's playing on that channel even when you're not tuned to it. This lets you see what songs have played in the recent past when you were listening to something else, and tune to whatever played on that channel in the past. Theory is that you might have missed your fav artist/song, and this lets you hear it even though it has already played.

Presumably there are a limited number of channels permitted for this because it uses a ton of memory in the car's infotainment system (it can't store every channel simultaneously). Once the car is shut down, that memory is lost. (I don't know if it stores the "Star with a circle" channels when listening to another source, like radio, or if all media is lost. For sure it works when tuned to XM though.)

Hope this helps.
Sbingham60 and JHock like this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 02:07 PM

The start is the "favorites" symbol. The star encircled by the arrow is known as the "smart favorites" symbol.

Copied from Jaguar manual page: https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G2167009

Favorites: Touch to display a list of favorite channels.
Favorite channels can be made into smart favorite channels by selecting the smart favorite icon¹ on the right side of the relevant channel within the favorites list. There can be a maximum of six smart favorite channels. They are automatically displayed in the smart favorite shortcut list and accessed through the more icon (15). The content for all six smart favorites are buffered simultaneously, the maximum storage is one hour per channel, dependent on the program content. When a smart favorite is selected, the station playlist displays the buffered content for that channel.
Sbingham60 likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
The start is the "favorites" symbol. The star encircled by the arrow is known as the "smart favorites" symbol.

Copied from Jaguar manual page: https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G2167009

Favorite channels can be made into smart favorite channels by selecting the smart favorite icon¹ on the right side of the relevant channel within the favorites list. There can be a maximum of six smart favorite channels. They are automatically displayed in the smart favorite shortcut list and accessed through the more icon (15). The content for all six smart favorites are buffered simultaneously, the maximum storage is one hour per channel, dependent on the program content. When a smart favorite is selected, the station playlist displays the buffered content for that channel.
So, as so often, it's RTFM time? Sheesh!

I appreciate the reminder and tip, and thanks!

Delivered 2/22/19
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post

Thanks Tina_w and Ayepace - I hadn't tried the "smart favorites" vs. the favorites. Tried it out, but once I set smart favorites, the steering wheel control become restricted to the smart favorites and wouldn't toggle through all favorites. The favorites bar in the screen was also restricted to the smart favorites. I was hoping to get the benefit of the 1 hour buffering of my favorite channels and still retain the ease of the steering wheel controls. Unfortunately you had to switch to the screen once the smart favorites were added. So, I toggled the smart capability off. Still it was worth trying.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
plus a few extras
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
Thanks Tina_w and Ayepace - I hadn't tried the "smart favorites" vs. the favorites. Tried it out, but once I set smart favorites, the steering wheel control become restricted to the smart favorites and wouldn't toggle through all favorites. The favorites bar in the screen was also restricted to the smart favorites. I was hoping to get the benefit of the 1 hour buffering of my favorite channels and still retain the ease of the steering wheel controls. Unfortunately you had to switch to the screen once the smart favorites were added. So, I toggled the smart capability off. Still it was worth trying.
That is interesting. I haven't experienced these issues. I have both smart and regular favorites. Both show up in the favorites list (with the smart favorites on top) and I can toggle through them all with the control on the steering wheel. A mind greater than mine will have to figure out why there is a difference.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golflaw View Post
That is interesting. I haven't experienced these issues. I have both smart and regular favorites. Both show up in the favorites list (with the smart favorites on top) and I can toggle through them all with the control on the steering wheel. A mind greater than mine will have to figure out why there is a difference.
If you are seeing a different behavior, I'll give it another try. If I can get them to all toggle through the steering wheel controls, I'll keep the smart favorites. Never know when you want to see what was buffered in "classic rewind" or "the pulse".

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
plus a few extras