WiFi stopped working - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 60
WiFi stopped working

I’ve had my I-Pace a few months and suddenly last week the WiFi stopped working. When it goes to build the list of access points it can see, it just stays on the colored windows while building the list but it never shows the list (this is in an area with many access points which it used to show). If I add a known network like my phone’s hotspot it will fail to connect.

I thought the modem must have gotten into a bad state and hoped it would reset after the car was shut off but it hadn’t recovered after a week. Do I need to take it to the dealer to be diagnosed or is there something I can try to do myself to reset it and get it working again?

Thanks for any insights.
Deutsch100 likes this.
JagBNimble is offline  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 1,355
Have you turned off WiFi in the menu, shut the car down, let it sit overnight, and then turn WiFi back on?
Deutsch100 likes this.
sciencegeek is online now  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 08:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Calabasas, CA
Posts: 177
My car took forever to get WiFi to connect. Then one day on it's own I pulled into our garage and my I-Pace was connected to our home WiFi.

But, now WiFi is no longer connected & I have given up trying to reconnect I cannot figure out why. White WiFi flag raised

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
Deutsch100 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Have you turned off WiFi in the menu, shut the car down, let it sit overnight, and then turn WiFi back on?
I turned the wifi switch off and then back on immediately to try to reset it (which didn't work) but I didn't think to leave it off overnight. I will try that and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Deutsch100 likes this.
JagBNimble is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Meldev##44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 154
I have also given up on an auto WIFI connection.
The only way is to go into settings and reenter the password.
When I take it in for a scheduled H264 update, I will mention it again.
Deutsch100 likes this.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
Meldev##44 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Calabasas, CA
Posts: 177
I guess my I-Pace did not appreciate me telling everyone that the WiFi does not work and I have given up.

On a whim this morning, I tried WiFi. The car found our WiFi and took the password and paired it in about 20 seconds. First try. First time ever!!!!! LOL
epirali, JHock and Zofran like this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
Deutsch100 is online now  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 01:11 AM
Senior Member
 
PS702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch100 View Post
I guess my I-Pace did not appreciate me telling everyone that the WiFi does not work and I have given up.

On a whim this morning, I tried WiFi. The car found our WiFi and took the password and paired it in about 20 seconds. First try. First time ever!!!!! LOL
Is your password very complex? What encryption are you using from your router? WPA?
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 HSE Ceasium Blue/oyster, 5068 wheels
April 2019 build date
Southern California, USA
PS702 is online now  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Calabasas, CA
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
Is your password very complex? What encryption are you using from your router? WPA?
The WiFi that it took the other day has a very simple password.

What is funny/odd is that the only other time the WiFi has connected in my I-Pace, it used our backup WiFi that has a crazy long and super complex password :-O

I cannot find a rhyme or reason to the WiFi thing for the I-Pace.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
Deutsch100 is online now  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 02:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagBNimble View Post
I’ve had my I-Pace a few months and suddenly last week the WiFi stopped working. When it goes to build the list of access points it can see, it just stays on the colored windows while building the list but it never shows the list (this is in an area with many access points which it used to show). If I add a known network like my phone’s hotspot it will fail to connect.

I thought the modem must have gotten into a bad state and hoped it would reset after the car was shut off but it hadn’t recovered after a week. Do I need to take it to the dealer to be diagnosed or is there something I can try to do myself to reset it and get it working again?

Thanks for any insights.
I had the same thing happen to me last October. Took it to the dealer but they were useless because they didn't understand the difference between WiFi and cellular data.
I disconnected the negative on the battery and let the car sit for 15 minutes to reset the electronics - no difference.
Then, soon after 19C was available, I saw the download notification icon on the infotainment screen - this was using the SIM card's cellular data.
So I took the car home and all of a sudden it could see my WiFi AP. I quick downloaded 19C using WiFi and the problem has never returned.
I don't know if the availability of 19C was what made the WiFi work again or not. Let us know if you solve this.
Deutsch100 likes this.
mjpsammon is online now  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Have you turned off WiFi in the menu, shut the car down, let it sit overnight, and then turn WiFi back on?
Didn't work
Oh well, I guess I just don't get wifi unless it ever decides to work again.
Deutsch100 likes this.
JagBNimble is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome